PDA

View Full Version : Blu Ray/DVD Pinnacle authoring issue

alzeppelin
2014-03-18, 11:59 AM
I've been going through some of my old shows I filmed with my cybershot camera which were filmed in mp4 format and am getting some strange artifacts when I load them into Pinnacle 16. The artifacts only seem to happen with the older mp4 files while the newer shows I filmed in mts format show no issues what soever.

Attached below is a picture of the white blocky pixelation that predominately happens in the lower right portion of the screen. It lasts for a second or 2 and happens in random parts of the files. When I open this mp4 files in other programs the artifacts are not present in any form so it has to be a Pinnacle issue. Also, the artifacts appear both in the preview window along with the finished product.

If anyone out there has any ideas as to what might be causing this I would be eternally grateful for your input.

Thanks!

jabulon
2014-03-18, 04:39 PM
Have you tried demuxing the feed and importing the audio and video seperately?

alzeppelin
2014-03-18, 07:08 PM
I haven't tried that yet. Is there any easy to use free program for demuxing video files?

lpmaskman
2014-03-19, 02:56 AM
I haven't tried that yet. Is there any easy to use free program for demuxing video files?

MP4box+Yamb for re/demuxing mp4 files.

alzeppelin
2014-03-19, 06:37 AM
I'm not familiar with the whole concept of demuxing files so would it be possible to give a quick explanation? I downloaded Yamb to my computer so its ready to go.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

jabulon
2014-03-19, 11:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jkvsGKfSqU

alzeppelin
2014-03-19, 11:59 AM
Pinnacle does not accept the .cmp format after I extract the video stream in Yamb. Is it possible to change the output format?

Thanks

jabulon
2014-03-19, 12:34 PM
Forget Yamb. Try Haali. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Haali-Media-Splitter

If you have GSpot or MediaInfo installed you can look what kind of codex is used for the mp4. These codex should come out when demuxing.