PDA

View Full Version : Help with my cs dpa 461 mics

leykis101
2014-01-30, 01:24 PM
Hi,

I have a pair of core sounds high end bianural dpa 461.

I love them they get kiler sound, but I need better clamps, at some of the most in opprotune times,(when I am trying to set up in stealth mode) the tie clips fall off and a couple of times I have been sol, they fell into a heating grate, and fell behind the people in front of me seats (including last night)

anyone have any better ideas on clamps (its for mounting on a basball cap, (of which those type work great but they wont stay on):rolleyes:

AAR.oner
2014-01-31, 04:02 AM
what brand of clips are you using? shouldn't have that problem if they're quality clips [short of knocking them off]

other options would be using an adhesive-based or pin-type clip [any film/location audio store will have numerous options]...or maybe something like this (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/282515-REG/DPA_Microphones_DMM0509_DMM0509_Miniature_Concealer_5.html) which you could sew or pin to hat

LeifH12345
2014-02-01, 05:33 PM
I recommend either fusing some alligator clips to the capsules or ditch the clips altogether and tape the mics on/in your hat with scotch or duct tape. Roll some extra tape around a pen/pencil and voila

leykis101
2014-02-01, 08:22 PM
what brand of clips are you using? shouldn't have that problem if they're quality clips [short of knocking them off]

other options would be using an adhesive-based or pin-type clip [any film/location audio store will have numerous options]...or maybe something like this (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/282515-REG/DPA_Microphones_DMM0509_DMM0509_Miniature_Concealer_5.html) which you could sew or pin to hat

I bought a couple pairs from coresounds, I was recommended some from B&H so I will try those out, (as these are my first high end set, when I got them the connection didnt looke secure, and sure enough about three shows in one came off)

unbrchn
2014-08-07, 09:58 PM
Silicone is a good adhesive, that will come off if needed.
Could those mics be DPA 4061's?

ilduclo
2014-10-07, 09:24 AM
dpa makes some great clips, check them out, I am very happy with mine, both hat and collar mounts. very secure.

dpamicrophones.com

Unidecker
2014-10-07, 11:56 AM
i recommend selling them and getting some schoeps.de =)