PDA

View Full Version : Modīs, please allowed MP4 video to trade on TTD

oxymoron
2014-01-24, 09:19 AM
we need a change (upgrade?) with the rules!!!
old shitty VHS transfer is allowed, but not really fucking good quality MP4 video!
please, MODīs, godīs of TTD, allowed it!!!

daddyray
2014-01-24, 09:21 AM
I strongly agree

mp4 are good

please
pretty please

uni-fi
2014-01-24, 12:35 PM
I say neigh...Would the MP4 rip of that same shitty VHS be as good as the uncompressed rip of said shitty VHS?

Nope.

The same goes for the good quality MP4 releases...there is a better, uncompressed version of the master floating around somewhere.

I agree that MP4 is good, but it is still compressed.

daddyray
2014-01-24, 12:56 PM
then add a contract clause to the upload

oxymoron
2014-01-24, 01:06 PM
uni-fi, at first i mean ripped streams! do you ever saw a video from (example!) arte.de/fr???
the quality is real good!

oxymoron
2014-01-24, 01:07 PM
by the way, some uploaded video with vhs/beta base are real shit! uncompressed shit!!!!

oxymoron
2014-01-24, 01:09 PM
i think, allowed GOOD MP4 video to upload, anybody can say "I want it or no"

uni-fi
2014-01-24, 01:10 PM
Or use a different tracker...

stamp out hope ;)

dcbullet
2014-01-24, 01:10 PM
I think this should go in site suggestions.

oxymoron
2014-01-24, 01:21 PM
Or use a different tracker...

stamp out hope ;)

yeah, i use dime, but thatīs not what i want
if quality the point, a lot of the older tape transfer must forbidden!
some user mean a crackling (?) noisy tape as dvd is better??????????????????? :disbelief

example
have a lot of older punk stuff from the ramones / dead kenndys where uploaded on tracker sites, but itīs a shame to show anybody this shit
this uncompressed shit is better as real good MP4??????? :lol4:

paddington
2014-01-24, 02:55 PM
I say neigh...Would the MP4 rip of that same shitty VHS be as good as the uncompressed rip of said shitty VHS?

Nope.

The same goes for the good quality MP4 releases...there is a better, uncompressed version of the master floating around somewhere.

I agree that MP4 is good, but it is still compressed.

Are you thinking of MP4 audio or something?

'cause all video traded here at TTD is compressed.

Uncompressed video is enormous in size.

DVDs? Allowed. Compressed MP2 video with various audio encodings.
VHS transfer to DVD? Allowed.
Blu-Rays? Allowed...

BluRays contain the same h.264-encoded video found in most modern MP4-wrapped files.

MP4 should definitely be allowed, in my opinion but, some discussion is warranted as to what kind of MP4 we'll allow.

MP4 is a wrapper... the codec inside can be h.264, which is nearly all HD video these days. h.264 has several profiles associated which can be used when encoding - everything from medium quality for tiny screens and devices all the way up to ludicrous quality that hardly any storage medium can hold.

We need to make a decision as to what sort of video in the MP4 shall be allowed and roll with that.

For example, we might not allow all "MP4", as a blanket but we might allow the h.264 codec, profiles 4 and up, in an MP4 wrapper.

harpsichord
2014-01-24, 03:21 PM
Compressed shit is like constipation, right?

(C'mon, you knew somebody was gonna mention it)

:(

oxymoron
2014-01-25, 12:46 AM

Uncompressed video is enormous in size.

DVDs? Allowed. Compressed MP2 video with various audio encodings.
VHS transfer to DVD? Allowed.
Blu-Rays? Allowed...

BluRays contain the same h.264-encoded video found in most modern MP4-wrapped files.

MP4 should definitely be allowed, in my opinion but, some discussion is warranted as to what kind of MP4 we'll allow.

MP4 is a wrapper... the codec inside can be h.264, which is nearly all HD video these days. h.264 has several profiles associated which can be used when encoding - everything from medium quality for tiny screens and devices all the way up to ludicrous quality that hardly any storage medium can hold.

We need to make a decision as to what sort of video in the MP4 shall be allowed and roll with that.

For example, we might not allow all "MP4", as a blanket but we might allow the h.264 codec, profiles 4 and up, in an MP4 wrapper.

the sort of MP4 Video streams, please!

jabulon
2014-01-25, 08:50 AM
Folks should realize that MP4 video-streams are mainly designed for computer use and that the video frame sizes used can vary greatly, so playback on a dvd-player could be a hassle if not impossible (because many DVD players only support a few video frame sizes). This is one of the reasons why I advise people to buy a streamer nowadays.

daddyray
2014-01-25, 09:47 AM
free the MP4s

Free Pussy Riot!

direwolf-pgh
2014-01-28, 08:39 AM
this is the internet. you don't need anyones approval.
ever had someone tell you to start your own torrent site? well now you can..

1. Create a torrent file
2. Use public trackers (see below)
3. post torrent attachment

Public Trackers:

udp://open.demonii.com:1337/announce

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce

udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce

try it :coffee: you'll like it

private trackers (at best) offer 'quality control'. On the other hand they're limited by accounts, site rules, and other politics.
public trackers are awesome because they allow a single source into the wild which can be shared universally by/to all.

public tracker search engine: btdigg.org (http://btdigg.org/)

power to the people

retired
2014-01-28, 09:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/

LeifH12345
2014-02-02, 11:57 AM
Just record to VHS and transfer it as unknown generation

:hide:

jabulon
2014-02-02, 12:09 PM
:spank:

paddington
2014-02-03, 10:11 AM
iTried

AAR.oner
2014-02-04, 04:36 AM

:thumbsup good quality h264 mp4s are easily as "good" as DVD mpeg-2

problem comes down to "policing" it, would be a pain in the ass for the Vid Mods i'm guessin

oxymoron
2014-02-04, 01:07 PM
:thumbsup good quality h264 mp4s are easily as "good" as DVD mpeg-2

problem comes down to "policing" it, would be a pain in the ass for the Vid Mods i'm guessin

problems problems ... :wtf: they can solve it
a little pain hurts nobody ... :lol:

oxymoron
2014-02-04, 01:08 PM
free the MP4s

Free Pussy Riot!

:lol4:

ZJLI
2014-02-04, 04:15 PM
by the way, some uploaded video with vhs/beta base are real shit! uncompressed shit!!!!

Don't let Vlad see this :mad:

vladsmythe
2014-02-06, 10:33 AM
I have no problem with this. People don't have to download stuff if they don't want to, and people don't have to upload stuff if they don't want to.

ZJLI
2014-02-06, 11:00 AM
You have officially hurt my feeling.

That PM was completely uncalled for nor welcome. :)

ZJLI
2014-02-06, 11:00 AM
^^^ That should be a frown. My mistake :(

vladsmythe
2014-02-06, 11:04 AM
Sorry if I hurt your feelings Alex231. I simply think that if I had better equipment, I could upload better content than I currently do. Today's better music benefits from today's technology. I do not have the means to document all the wonderful music of today, and sadly, all I am able to share is inferior quality video, from an inferior era in music.

Please accept my apology.

vladsmythe
2014-02-06, 11:38 AM
I also think that calling me profanities is uncalled for. I try to contribute to this tracker with my donations, as well as my collected videos from yesteryear. I am sorry they don't look as good as you would like them to.

paddington
2014-02-06, 01:43 PM
I also think that calling me profanities is uncalled for.

Vlad, you are Profanities!

VHS conversions are welcome and will always be, from eras gone-by.

We're discussing adding MP4 (h.264) encoded files, same as we allow MPEG2 (DVD).

vladsmythe
2014-02-06, 01:49 PM
fine I'll just give money and stop uploading then

paddington
2014-02-06, 04:39 PM
maybe you want to read that, again?

It says your videos are welcome here.

daddyray
2014-02-06, 04:45 PM
indeed bring em on Vladski!

vladsmythe
2014-02-06, 05:11 PM
I don't really care what formats are allowed / not allowed, which is why I didn't enter this thread with an opinion.. What puzzles me is the way some here look down at historic video captures from the distant past. I would think that the content is valued - regardless of the fact that it was recorded before digital equipment was available to the consumer market. I know I appreciate the stuff others so generously share here, even if it was recorded on a Betamax or a VHS deck. How else do these artifacts survive?

daddyray
2014-02-06, 05:43 PM
that is a very reasonable idea...no wonder some HERE took issue some how.

AAR.oner
2014-02-07, 03:10 AM
from the way this thread is readin -- either there have been posts that were deleted, or ya'll were drunker than cooter brown yesterday

hate to tell ya, but highly doubt mp4 is gonna be allowed at TTD anytime soon...plenty of other sites that allow em, or like wolf said start yer own public torrents

lpmaskman
2014-02-15, 01:55 PM
MPEG2 is so obsolete codec nowdays. IMHO H.264/AVC should be allowed in any containers until it's from the original source (not YT-rip or whatever shit).

mike1061
2014-06-07, 10:31 AM
The comments were compairing MP4's to VHS transfers as exampels of crappy videos. That is not an apples to apples comaprision. Compressing a DVD quality video to MP4 is just that, compressing a video. Lose of quality. The discussion should be more like, what about video that is only sourced from MP4 broadcasts. Or other sources that MP4 is the only choice.
Old TV broadcasts usually only have VHS copies, unless rebroadcast in another format or the original tape gets out.
Thanks
Mike

BaconAerosmith
2016-06-27, 02:05 AM
Sounds like an idea there.

I do have the full Richard Marx concert from almost two years ago

BaconAerosmith
2016-06-27, 04:26 AM
Upon further search on my external hard drive,
I also have in full,
Lilly Allen Yahoo stream.mpg
Taking Back Sunday Yahoo stream.mpg
Drive by Truckers Yahoo stream.mov in three parts. (My internet kept cutting out!) :wave:

lpmaskman
2016-07-01, 08:40 AM
I don't understand why people are think MP4 is inferior to DVD and any other video format. Better quality with lower filesize. I don't think the old shows that originally shared in DVD format should be re-encoded to MP4 because re-encoding is bad. It causes quality loss. It's an unnecessary thing in most of times, that sometimes needed. But in most of the cases it can be avoided (cutting out a segment of video, splitting files, authoring to BD, etc).

sonofedg
2016-07-01, 11:46 PM
Agreed! Something is better then Nothing . . . where is the cutoff line? . . . I thought sharing was the main ideology here . . . and to do it in a more compact way? why did the chicken cross the road?

Unidecker
2016-07-03, 11:07 AM
if you need mp4 so badly why not just upload it to the www then link in here ...same shit different horse.

Happy 4th everyone at ttd..

Uncle Samīs Army
2016-07-05, 08:17 AM
^^^

I agree, but so what, allowed MP4.
I have download some DVd with source from xxx-generation VHS/Beta tapes which are full shit, really incredible bullshit, I said it only when I read here something about quality, you canīt say DVD is basically good! Are the video mods on TTD cancelled "bad" quality DVDs?
Have a look at the Arte source, fantastic quality and great music! Also the Rockpalast archive, great source!!!
We are in 2016, mods of TTD, not longer in the 80s :lol:

2016-07-06, 01:07 AM
I am stricktly against allowing mp4 to be torrented here.

Unidecker
2016-07-22, 08:51 PM
stricktly ? lol why ...rofl ... omergawd there must be pokemon here somewhere O_o

trustthex
2016-07-22, 10:46 PM
Nah... just good ol' fashioned german racism. :wave:

Uncle Samīs Army
2016-07-22, 11:45 PM
Sounds nore as a new stupid form

Uncle Samīs Army
2016-07-23, 05:53 AM
Sounds more as a new stupid form

fifm

jpeace
2016-07-24, 08:04 AM
Interesting not to allow something that may be the native format of the recording. All videos taken with my phone are mp4 from the get-go. To share them here they'd have to be re-encoded to mpeg2, which would create a loss in quality. That's defeating the purpose of this site: maintaining the highest quality. I've got whole concerts recorded with a phone that can't be shared here, and they are excellent quality.

The same goes for TV captures. The DVR may save as an mp4, so any conversion to an acceptable format is creating quality loss. Original formats should be honored no matter what they are. I personally am rooting for mkv to be allowed as well, because that's how I add the audio made with my recorder to the video taken with my phone without re-encoding the video.

I've personally never understood the industry's use of mpeg 2 as a codec for manufactured discs. That thing is from the 90s and totally obsolete. We wouldn't need 50 gb bluray discs if they allowed x264 and x265 codecs to be used on DVDs. All that bloated data on the bluray would fit in a few gigs

lpmaskman
2016-07-24, 09:04 AM
Interesting not to allow something that may be the native format of the recording. All videos taken with my phone are mp4 from the get-go. To share them here they'd have to be re-encoded to mpeg2, which would create a loss in quality. That's defeating the purpose of this site: maintaining the highest quality. I've got whole concerts recorded with a phone that can't be shared here, and they are excellent quality.

The same goes for TV captures. The DVR may save as an mp4, so any conversion to an acceptable format is creating quality loss. Original formats should be honored no matter what they are. I personally am rooting for mkv to be allowed as well, because that's how I add the audio made with my recorder to the video taken with my phone without re-encoding the video.

I've personally never understood the industry's use of mpeg 2 as a codec for manufactured discs. That thing is from the 90s and totally obsolete. We wouldn't need 50 gb bluray discs if they allowed x264 and x265 codecs to be used on DVDs. All that bloated data on the bluray would fit in a few gigs
THIS!:clap:

Unidecker
2016-07-25, 10:16 AM
i to think mp4 is poo and we should not allow videos from phones are not excellent quality but ok quality at best. your idea of excellent quality is not our same quality standards.
need i say more if so lmk the truth is in the pudding get a real cam and go get sum real bands/music and upload away... as i have and many others here have.

mp4 is for iphones what mkv/ .3gp is to droids

and its ok at best not excellent just yet

and yeah my s7 takes some great video for what it is...but its far from excellent
except on a tiny screen most of us have BIG HDTV's and when you stretch that mp4 to fit it looks like dog shit(excuse my french)

rock on - unidecker

jpeace
2016-07-25, 10:51 AM
depends on the settings, man. If you leave it at default, sure. But if you crank up everything to max you get quality rivaling anything out there. And not allowing phone videos basically means denying the existence of a lot of shows. I'll take a mediocre quality video of something over nothing at all any day

paddington
2016-07-25, 11:39 AM
our position has always been that mediocre quality has its place, somewhere else.

Because you can get that just about anywhere, we've never seen any reason to modify the original intent and mission of this site - high quality, fan created, media sharing - to include mediocre stuff.

We've discussed mp4 before and it's a bag of worms. All depends on the profile used to encode - AND - most importantly, how in the world we would moderate that.

MP4 with h.264 set to higher profile encoding levels looks wonderful and blows away DVD, for sure. DVDs can be created with lossless 48kHz PCM audio, though. You can encode ALAC in an MP4 wrapper with h.264 to get lossless. Usually, you'll find some form of AAC which, when encoded ~320 or so, is very nice, is not lossless.

Hard for video mods to tell what the hell is happening inside an mp4 wrapper, short of downloading it and analyzing every single one. That won't be happening.

SO, it's pretty much allow MP4 and trust people to keep the quality up - OR - continue suggesting they be shared elsewhere.

So far, we've landed on the latter, every time.

jpeace
2016-07-25, 11:46 AM
Strange, since this site is full of trustworthy uploaders who would certainly maintain a high standard.

Most DVDs don't use lossless audio. It's part of the tradeoff a fan makes. "If you can see it you won't notice the lossy audio" seems to be the POV of most encoders

sonofedg
2016-08-02, 09:22 PM
The trustworthy uploaders are the exception not the rule. With the tidal wave of uploads if Mp4 were allowed, would surely bury and shut down this humble site. With thousands of members suddenly uploading the new format, the moderators would have to be expanded, some sort of Go-No Go rule be implemented, and in short . . . a huge pain in the ass. Pardon my french. The torrent sites are vanishing as it is, why fix something that already works? . . . My 2 cents . . .

DanielG
2016-08-08, 08:11 AM
The trustworthy uploaders are the exception not the rule. With the tidal wave of uploads if Mp4 were allowed, would surely bury and shut down this humble site. .
There have been 10 video torrents uploaded in the past 13 days. I think this site needs some new blood and uploaders.

MPEG-2 is a dead technology. I see some people even uploading Blu-rays that are encoded in MPEG-2 - it's laughable. H.264, H.265, AVC are the new codecs that people should be encoding to.

jpeace
2016-08-08, 08:53 AM
MPEG-2 is a dead technology. I see some people even uploading Blu-rays that are encoded in MPEG-2 - it's laughable. H.264, H.265, AVC are the new codecs that people should be encoding to.

:clap: I couldn't agree more. mpeg was an obsolete codec when DVDs were invented. At this point we were already using divx and xvid. I don't know what compelled the industry to use it. We wouldn't need 50gb blurays if it weren't for the bloated mpegs. It would have saved a lot of development time and research, plus all the new equipment everyone needed, if they just worked out a better codec to fit HD onto DVD

Uncle Samīs Army
2016-08-09, 02:05 AM
:thumbsup :clap:

Come on god of mods, change the rules :whip:

lpmaskman
2016-09-17, 06:54 AM
I'm not surprised with this ignorance. Because there are still many people in the trading scene whom call DVD and BD as "lossless" and mpg (hahahahahaha), mp4, avi (funny because even this container support uncompressed and lossless codecs), mov (this one too), wmv as "lossy". Even all of them are lossy as fuck (exceptions noted). :D

Uncle Samīs Army
2016-09-17, 10:08 AM
Ignorance is bliss :rolleyes: