PDA

View Full Version : Transmission and OS X Mavericks

Bugs
2013-10-29, 05:32 PM

vladsmythe
2013-10-29, 11:00 PM
"Right now, I have 246 torrents loaded in my tracker, with about sixty of those paused."
"The two variables that I see is that I now have fifty torrents open at all times with EL (and none at HC)"

I don't know anyone that does that. Maybe one or two torrents at a time will help. I only upload one new original torrents at a time, and download no more than two at a time. Do you create new stuff? or are you just pushing too much stuff around and getting great ratio? Ratio is over rated. Fresh content is king. I hope this helps with your seeding issue.

Sounds to me like you need to start a hub.

Bugs
2013-10-30, 12:40 AM
I should have posted in the lounge.

vladsmythe
2013-10-30, 09:56 AM

I tried connecting to as many torrents as possible and had issues with BitTornado dropping connections once I hit the 25 torrent threshhold, so it's not likely that it's unique to Transmission.

You are very generous with your sharing. Really, if you want to offer shows to many people at once, a DC++ hub makes perfect sense for you. Put all your content on an external. leave it on, and allow people to grab what they want when they want. It seems like a much more efficient way of sharing content long term.

Thanks again for all your shares!

ZJLI
2013-10-30, 07:21 PM
I tried connecting to as many torrents as possible and had issues with BitTornado dropping connections once I hit the 25 torrent threshhold, so it's not likely that it's unique to Transmission.

You are very generous with your sharing. Really, if you want to offer shows to many people at once, a DC++ hub makes perfect sense for you. Put all your content on an external. leave it on, and allow people to grab what they want when they want. It seems like a much more efficient way of sharing content long term.

Thanks again for all your shares!
This might help a bit, Vlad. :thumbsup

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43139