PDA

View Full Version : leaving a social group

arfarf
2013-09-26, 12:01 PM
I've figured out how to join a social group, but before I join anymore, I'd like to know how I leave a social group.

How do I leave a social group? It doesn't seem easy or obvious.

vladsmythe
2013-09-26, 12:10 PM
What's with all the social groups these days? I thought this was a music tracker. :hmm:

direwolf-pgh
2013-09-26, 12:11 PM
enter the social group (click on it) > note the hyperlink options below the topics of discussion
you can join and leave groups at will / whenever

I see there is a new hungercity group. very cool (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/group.php?do=grouplist)

arfarf
2013-09-26, 12:22 PM
ahh, I see it. Thanks!

direwolf-pgh
2013-09-26, 12:28 PM
What's with all the social groups these days? I thought this was a music tracker. :hmm:the tracker offers great stuff but you don't need a tracker for torrents these days. Simply enable DHT when creating your torrent files.

Social Groups offer a hangout for traders to gather and setup trades however they wish on their own terms. torrent / download link / snail mail. Or enjoy a chat.

arfarf
2013-09-26, 12:31 PM
What's with all the social groups these days? I thought this was a music tracker. :hmm:
Social groups allow music lovers to interact without having to deal with lounge lizards and assholes. Feel free to take that personally.

direwolf-pgh
2013-09-26, 12:32 PM
Social groups allow music lovers to interact without having to deal with lounge lizards and assholes. Feel free to take that personally.:goodpost:

mooncusser
2013-09-26, 08:20 PM
:lol

dasmueller
2013-09-26, 10:24 PM
Social groups allow music lovers to interact without having to deal with lounge lizards and assholes. Feel free to take that personally.

Hope I do not fit the description. :hide:

I do appreciate the shows you upload at some other sites.

I would be more inclined to join a music oriented social group if I saw one that piqued my areas of interest.

arfarf
2013-09-27, 02:32 AM

I want to thank vlad for proving to me in short order that the above statement is untrue.

Social groups do not allow music lovers to interact without having to deal with lounge lizards and assholes.

Thanks for going the extra mile, vlad!
You're the best, or in this case, the biggest.

schmoe75
2013-09-27, 07:48 AM
User CP > Edit Ignore List >

arfarf
2013-09-27, 11:17 AM
Good idea schmoe, feel free to add my name to your ignore list.

dasmueller
2013-09-27, 12:02 PM
Then he would miss the Gemütlichkeit !

arfarf
2013-09-27, 12:34 PM
Then he would miss the Gemütlichkeit !

Ha!
I also suspect if schmoe put everyone that annoyed him on ignore, he'd have a tough time modding here.

Sorry you didn't like the shows I upped here, but pretty much nobody did, so I stopped upping them here. My upload bandwidth is marginal, so I really can't afford to waste it on underperforming ups.

I guess my overall point in this thread now is that joining a social group here is not a refuge from lounge lizards or post spamming, and folks should be aware of that going in. I do believe this only occurs in rare instances, but like the old saying goes, it's better to be fore warned than fore skinned. (hmmm, maybe I have that wrong)

daddyray
2013-09-27, 12:56 PM
golly

direwolf-pgh
2013-09-27, 12:57 PM
I guess my overall point in this thread now is that joining a social group here is not a refuge from lounge lizards or post spamming, and folks should be aware of that going in. I do believe this only occurs in rare instances, but like the old saying goes, it's better to be fore warned than fore skinned. (hmmm, maybe I have that wrong)
there are a lot of assholes here :coffee: you'll fit in just fine

peace. love. dig

daddyray
2013-09-27, 01:11 PM
peace??? love???? dig???? :mad:

Dudiscle I am bumming up on that talk.
Cordially yours,
the Artist currently know as Daddyray

direwolf-pgh
2013-09-27, 01:13 PM
:stfu:

:D

dasmueller
2013-09-27, 01:14 PM
Ha!

Sorry you didn't like the shows I upped here, but pretty much nobody did, so I stopped upping them here. My upload bandwidth is marginal, so I really can't afford to waste it on underperforming ups.

I guess I did not make myself clear in my earlier post. I did not mean that I did not like the torrents you uploaded. Just that I like what you have done elsewhere. If I had seen the Luther show here I definitely would have grabbed it :wave:

arfarf
2013-09-27, 01:19 PM
Thanks Dr. Phil.

direwolf-pgh
2013-09-27, 01:21 PM
you're welcome :cool: and go fuck yourself

arfarf
2013-09-27, 01:23 PM
I guess I did not make myself clear in my earlier post. I did not mean that I did not like the torrents you uploaded. Just that I like what you have done elsewhere. If I had seen the Luther show here I definitely would have grabbed it :wave:
That was meant in fun, I don't know where the smilies/emoticons here are, so I didn't flag it as sarcasm. You might like the Otis Rush show I taped as well.
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=104257

I was lucky enough to record Luther 4 times, and see him about 8 times.

daddyray
2013-09-27, 01:24 PM
the smilies are right there..........^^

Please post some Otis Rush...not enough of his stuff is around. I need to ask how he is..My buddy visits him now and then but it is rough since Otis is not well at all.

arfarf
2013-09-27, 01:28 PM
the smilies are right there..........^^

Please post some Otis Rush...not enough of his stuff is around. I need to ask how he is..My buddy visits him now and then but it is rough since Otis is not well at all.

My only pull of Otis Rush is linked above, turned out pretty good, imo. Don't have any inside info on Otis Rush, other than I know his health is such he'll never see the stage again.

"Arfette" recorded Otis at Summerfest in 91, but her stuff is in such disarray I haven't been able to locate it, maybe someday.

I did put a couple of Luther shows up at LL earlier this week, and 3 of my 4 LA masters are there, as well as my transfer of Otis Rush fro Chicago Blues Fest 88 with Buddy Guy.

Anyone who wants to up any of my stuff here is more than welcome to do so.

daddyray
2013-09-27, 01:36 PM
I have the 88 blues fest thing around some place...thanks.

he had a serious stroke (as if some are no biggie) and is not on the mend.

arfarf
2013-09-27, 01:43 PM
I have the 88 blues fest thing around some place...thanks.

he had a serious stroke (as if some are no biggie) and is not on the mend.

You may want to check that 88 to see if it's my transfer, which is said by some to be the best available, I dunno.

dasmueller
2013-09-27, 02:05 PM
I grabbed the Luther shows except Bochum one I got earlier at Dime. Did not see the 88 blues fest show at LL

arfarf
2013-09-27, 02:13 PM
Oops, I guess I didn't up it there, and it's fallen off dime, and hunger city looks to be down for the count.. Bandwidth doesn't allow me to up it anywhere at this time, but I'll put it on my list.

Are you at Planet Rock?

dasmueller
2013-09-27, 03:00 PM
yes

arfarf
2013-09-27, 04:55 PM
yes

After seeing my current blues ups at Planet Rock fall flat, I'll put it up at LL instead. Next Monday. Hope that works for you.

I'll likely stick to upping faux blues and blues rock at PR.

dasmueller
2013-09-27, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I noticed you posted a number of Shank Hall shows. Used to love to go there to see the Radiators and Hot Tuna. Get there early and grab a seat at the bar for a great night of music.

arfarf
2013-09-27, 11:54 PM
Not if you're taping do you sit at the bar, unless it was the Radiators where you could plug into the soundboard. Taped a lot of good shows there, Alvin Lee, Rads, Jorma/Tuna, Jefferson Starship, Dick Dale, Arlo and more, some good, some bad.