PDA

View Full Version : TLH Tool 'Strip Audio File Header' question

Drgiggles1
2013-09-04, 10:32 PM
I'm in the process of converting some shn's to flac. I've come across some filesets where TLH attempts to convert the shn's to flac but gets less than 100% completion on the entire fileset. TLH ends with a no errors occurred but there in the fileset remains only the original shn's.

I tried using the tool 'Strip Audio File Header' on the shn's and than converting to flac. I did create a .st5 file for the original shn's and a .st5 file for the stripped_flac files. They match exactly.

Am I good to go ?

TLH version being used: Version 2.7.0 [build 172]

Thanks.

direwolf-pgh
2013-09-05, 05:13 AM
:bump:

roann
2013-09-05, 10:09 AM
I'm in the process of converting some shn's to flac. I've come across some filesets where TLH attempts to convert the shn's to flac but gets less than 100% completion on the entire fileset. TLH ends with a no errors occurred but there in the fileset remains only the original shn's. ...
If you downloaded these filesets recently can you please pm or email me the links so I can get the files to see whether there's a bug in TLH?

Drgiggles1
2013-09-06, 01:12 PM
It's a recent download (09-04-2013) however the show itself is from 1972-04-30. It is a HT show (California Marijuana Initiattive) LOL !!!! I just finished archiving the shn's that came with the torrent and am uploading to Dropbox. I'll pm you the link as soon as it completes. ETA within 45 minutes of this posting.

arfarf
2013-09-06, 03:13 PM
I've had the same issue with the same file set, and also with some older filesets in shn as well. Drgiggles header stripping fix does seem to work. The other filesets are also Hot Tuna shows, so the root cause may trace back to a common source of files.

roann
2013-09-07, 07:18 AM
It's a recent download (09-04-2013) however the show itself is from 1972-04-30. It is a HT show (California Marijuana Initiattive) LOL !!!! I just finished archiving the shn's that came with the torrent and am uploading to Dropbox. I'll pm you the link as soon as it completes. ETA within 45 minutes of this posting.
Just downloaded the archive. Thanks a lot, much appreciated!

Same problems here as on your side. Without a look at lots of TLH source code I guess this is a bug. I'll try to fix this asap.

...I tried using the tool 'Strip Audio File Header' on the shn's and than converting to flac. I did create a .st5 file for the original shn's and a .st5 file for the stripped_flac files. They match exactly.

Am I good to go ? ...
Yep, but please add the stripping file header info and the st5 checksums (for the original shn files) to your info file / torrent.