PDA

View Full Version : Help with this complete lineage and checksums/fingerprints

aturner18
2013-08-11, 02:35 AM
i'm tryiing figure how to do the complete lineage and checksums/fingerprints can someone help me

AAR.oner
2013-08-11, 04:58 AM
we'll need more info than that -- did you tape the show yourself? receive in a trade in lossless format [flac or shn or...] or on Audio CD?

as for checksums, this explains more about them and how to create one:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17951

aturner18
2013-08-11, 12:07 PM
I recorded the show. I keep going to that link and it doesn't DL the right program fr TLH can u direct link me

aturner18
2013-08-11, 01:15 PM
okay i made fingerprint with TLH but when i go to upload the file it won't let copy and paste that information into the program what do i do

jabulon
2013-08-11, 01:22 PM
open your just created fingerprint file with a text editor (like notepad) and copy the fingerprints and then paste them in the checksums box. Make sure you don't alter the fingerprint file (when asked to save changes, say no)

aturner18
2013-08-11, 01:42 PM
thanks i hope it works. I think its up and working

jabulon
2013-08-11, 01:48 PM
:thumbsup

aturner18
2013-08-11, 09:47 PM
never mind it stopped seeding the hell is going i wanna share my shows

Tappy
2013-08-11, 11:54 PM
never mind it stopped seeding the hell is going i wanna share my shows

Are you actually downloading the torrent file you uploaded and using that redownloaded torrent file to seed your torrent? If not you need to do that.

aturner18
2013-08-12, 03:21 AM
yeah i tried

jabulon
2013-08-12, 04:27 AM
I'm gonna pull all the Hot Chelle Rae show's. Please start all over with a new thread and torrent.

aturner18
2013-08-12, 09:29 PM
i'm trying to get this i don;t what the hell is going on

Audioarchivist
2013-08-12, 11:09 PM
i'm trying to get this i don;t what the hell is going on

You're so close - but you're still not seeding anything.

OK, so you've made a torrent file from your files, and you've uploaded it alright, it seems. Now, what I'd do is find that torrent file you made and saved on your computer (the one you uploaded to TTD in your post) and delete it. Just so we aren't confused. The torrent file you make and upload is not the one you become a seeder from...
Go to the thread post you made, and download the torrent file attached there that any user would download. This torrent file has been modified from the one you uploaded earlier to have TTD specific tracker info in it. When your torrent program asks where you want to save the music files to, point it to where your FLAC files folder of the thing you want to upload. Your torrent program will check and find that you have the files, and then you'll be seeding...
It seems confusing the first couple times, but once you get it you'll know it ain't rocket surgery!

However, you do need to say more than "tascam recorder" as lineage. What model # is it, what did you use to split the files, how did it get to be FLAC files, what resolution is the audio, etc. All these questions get answered in lineage...

aturner18
2013-08-12, 11:28 PM
i did all that i went and put the folder and it still stuck with queng the upload

Audioarchivist
2013-08-13, 12:26 AM
i did all that i went and put the folder and it still stuck with queng the upload

Well you must be doing something wrong.... Can you explain, step by step, what you're doing so someone can correct the step that you're mis-stepping?

aturner18
2013-08-13, 03:29 AM
i did everything you said i believe . i made the flacs/checkpoints/information/creat torrent put the file in bit torrent
saved the file from the website saved in seprate folder and it still not workng

Audioarchivist
2013-08-13, 03:45 AM
i did everything you said i believe . i made the flacs/checkpoints/information/creat torrent put the file in bit torrent
saved the file from the website saved in seprate folder and it still not workng

Huh? If that's what you're doing in the order you're doing it, then you're doing it wrong....

Create the torrent, upload it to TTD in a new post, then download the modified torrent file from TTD and put THAT new one in your torrent program. Then, when you downloaded the "new" torrent file from TTD, and it opens with your torrent program, and it asks where you want to save your files, you tell it to "save" them to where they are on your drive - not a new folder!

jabulon
2013-08-13, 04:56 AM
1) make a new torrent file (delete all old ones).
2) fill out all the boxes on the upload page and attach/upload your newly created torrent
3) after 1 and 2 hit the Submit New Thread button.
4) download the torrent from the new created thread and when asked where to save the files, point the torrent to the folder where you have saved the files you want to upload and hit OK. If everything went well your torrent client will check the files until it reaches 100% and starts seeding (if there are any connected peers, people aren't firewalled).

If step 4 gives you problems (you stay at 0%) try the following:
follow step 1 - 3
4) download the torrent from the new thread and open/save it with your client like you would as if it was a 'normal' torrent (probably your download folder on your PC) and start downloading. After a short time (10-20 seconds, when all the files are written to your disc) stop the download and remove the torrent from your client. Copy/paste the files you want to upload in the folder you have just created (when asked to replace the already existing files with the new ones, OK). Open/save the torrent from the thread again, if everything went well your client will check the files until it reaches 100% and starts seeding (if there are any connected peers, people aren't firewalled).

Hope this helps.

And like Audioarchivist said:
However, you do need to say more than "tascam recorder" as lineage. What model # is it, what did you use to split the files, how did it get to be FLAC files, what resolution is the audio, etc. All these questions get answered in lineage...

spidergawd
2013-08-13, 09:40 AM
.....it ain't rocket surgery!

This gets my vote for "Best/Funniest Post of the Century".

aturner18
2013-08-13, 09:41 PM
no it not rocket science to u now that u know what ur doing but new comers is lil tricky i wll try this in few
and to be honest there nothing else i need say it pointless to say i used the traders help program and split the flac audio with the same program

Audioarchivist
2013-08-13, 09:57 PM
This gets my vote for "Best/Funniest Post of the Century".

I hate being quoted out of context...
...but once you get it you'll know it ain't rocket surgery!

Imagine brain surgery. Very difficult! Now think of rocket science. Pretty hard, too... Now combine them! Now THAT shit is complicated! haha

I'm tellin' ya, man, if you follow some of our step by step instructions TO THE LETTER, it should totally work. Maybe you're not reading it right? I don't know...

aturner18
2013-08-13, 10:02 PM
its not showing where to save it when i click it says load trackers from it i click yes and nothing happens

LeifH12345
2013-08-13, 10:14 PM
that means its already running and you need to remove it from your torrent client

then download it again from ttd

aturner18
2013-08-13, 10:16 PM
i did it step for step from what jabulon said

Audioarchivist
2013-08-13, 10:24 PM
its not showing where to save it when i click it says load trackers from it i click yes and nothing happens

Okay, we have a clue here!!! Your previous attempts to upload are still trying to run in your torrent program. What do you use? In uTorrent I know you'll need to right click on the line that's displaying the torrent in question and go to "remove and >" and then "delete .torrent" - this I think has been the problem. You need a clean slate in utorrent to start seeding a new torrent properly. I think since your first try all the others have just been adding on to this improper bad version...

So, remove the old torrent from the torrent program, then go to your newly posted thread, download the torrent file there, and THEN uTorrent *should* ask you where to save the files, to which you point to the existing FLAC files folder you want to upload....

aturner18
2013-08-13, 10:57 PM
i did delete them from the bit torrent program (thats what i use) then clicked TTD one and nothing

paddington
2013-08-13, 10:58 PM
kudos to everyone for trying... I've had my share previously in PMs.

it might be time for gotomypc or teamviewer, here, if anyone had spare licenses

aturner18
2013-08-13, 10:59 PM
james i'm not trying pest i'm trying figure this out and begin autisic does slightly harder to understand but i read the post full everything u said

Okay I clared al the old files and all is the newest one i created. I cleared the software and went readd from TTD post it still goes from finding peers to qued

Audioarchivist
2013-08-13, 11:11 PM
james i'm not trying pest i'm trying figure this out and begin autisic does slightly harder to understand but i read the post full everything u said

Okay I clared al the old files and all is the newest one i created. I cleared the software and went readd from TTD post it still goes from finding peers to qued

With uTorrent, you can right click the torrent listing in the program and "force start" it to seed - if it's checked to 100%...

Did it check the files to 100% this time before it went to "queued"?

Autism, hey? I had an old roommate that was high functioning autistic. Makes life a little more challenging, for sure. Glad you're trying hard to get it!

arfarf
2013-08-13, 11:28 PM
aturner, have you had any problems downloading shows with bit torrent?

aturner18
2013-08-13, 11:48 PM
no as a matter affect there carly rae jepsen tour that i seed weeks ago that i download from here

Audioarchivist
2013-08-13, 11:56 PM
no as a matter affect there carly rae jepsen tour that i seed weeks ago that i download from here

You have more than one account here? Your stats show zero upload zero download...

aturner18
2013-08-14, 12:05 AM
just this one and i seeded it like 3-4 weeks ago its not up know tho. I don't possible more then 1 account here i think they ban multi accounts

Audioarchivist
2013-08-14, 12:18 AM
just this one and i seeded it like 3-4 weeks ago its not up know tho. I don't possible more then 1 account here i think they ban multi accounts

Looking at that carly rae jepsen thread, there's also an aturner that commented in that thread. Looking at their threads they started, they're ALSO Bieber fanatics and all the pop music stuff you coincidentally seem to like...
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/search.php?searchid=9888555
Odd, isn't it??? And I'm no language expert, but the writing style in those posts looks kind of familiar, you know???

I don't mean to accuse, but, who ARE you???

aturner18
2013-08-14, 12:20 AM
Looking at that carly rae jepsen thread, there's also an aturner that commented in that thread. Looking at their threads they started, they're ALSO Bieber fanatics and all the pop music stuff you coincidentally seem to like...
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/search.php?searchid=9888555
Odd, isn't it??? And I'm no language expert, but the writing style in those posts looks kind of familiar, you know???

I don't mean to accuse, but, who ARE you???
i comment in carly thread yeah with this account that i was aware of. and that link won't work. I could ages ago but this is my the one i used so i don't what that thread is doing could y i'm not able seed?

Audioarchivist
2013-08-14, 12:25 AM
i comment in carly thread yeah with this account that i was aware of. and that link won't work. I could ages ago but this is my the one i used so i don't what that thread is doing could y i'm not able seed?

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=312807&starteronly=1

I don't know but I think you're not being honest...

Look, you BOTH commented in this thread...
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=104565

You're telling me that's two different people???

Tappy
2013-08-14, 12:26 AM
All those ones you tried to upload before you need to remove from your torrent client and then start all over.

aturner18
2013-08-14, 12:37 AM
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=312807&starteronly=1

I don't know but I think you're not being honest...

Look, you BOTH commented in this thread...
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=104565

You're telling me that's two different people???
no its me but i didn't relize under to acounts. I so many accounts i didn't relize that it did that could that be y i can't seed i should that account however do i get that information tho for that one cuz i seriously remember that might been the one i used on desktop and thought it was the one i currently using on my laptop or something cuz i did seed carly laptop that must of been the one then

Audioarchivist
2013-08-14, 12:40 AM
Must be karma stopping you from uploading then for breaking the rules....

Go back to your first persona and work on their ratio instead of trying to illegally make a fresh start with a new account!

aturner18
2013-08-14, 01:53 AM
to be honest i didn't relize there 2 acounts i thought was same one i must created ages ago and forgot about it i don't how i logged that acount wheredo information on it

dorrcoq
2013-08-14, 01:57 AM
What I want to know is...John, why the fuck are you so concerned about getting a Bieber torrent going? Closet fan, perhaps? :disbelief

aturner18
2013-08-14, 02:01 AM
okay u don't no biggie no need comment about it there like 8 people trying download it

jabulon
2013-08-14, 02:34 AM
Having multiple accounts with the same IP shouldn't affect up/downloading.

what torrent program are you using?

Audioarchivist
2013-08-14, 02:58 AM
What I want to know is...John, why the fuck are you so concerned about getting a Bieber torrent going? Closet fan, perhaps? :disbelief

ahhhahahaha sure ya got me! haha

No way, I was just trying to be nice and helpful to a n00b, especially since he was really struggling and told of his autism. I know that's a rough ride to deal with in life sometimes. I know its a shitty excuse for music, but I don't want to discourage any tapers from, well, being tapers...

Having said that, I'm kinda pissed off that I spent all that time on a liar that creates multiple accounts because their ratio went bad!

Mods: Is having multiple accounts like this alright? Maybe for trolling the lounge, I can see it being "sort of" acceptable, but when you're starting a new account to upload and download when your old accounts ratio goes to shit? That's not cool in my books. this "aturner18" account ought to get the boot if you ask me!

aturner18
2013-08-15, 12:09 AM
audio like i said i didn't release i even made 2 accou.t I think it was because I couldn't log in that account that why I made this one. I like to go to the first one if there a way to find that password out

aturner
2013-08-15, 12:37 AM
okay sry audio it mistake i didn't realize about this acount delete the aturner18 this is main one now. this says firewalled how do i fix that

okay audio its says i'm leacher how this change

paddington
2013-08-15, 01:03 AM
The multiple accounts is fine. We don't enjoy it or encourage it but if both accounts follow the rules and seed, it's all good. Especially if its an accident.

I understand what you are saying, turner, about logging in from two different places and a different account being saved on each one. Once the cookie is set, you wouldn't necessarily notice.

When I was suggesting teamviewer before, I was only suggesting a new way we might approach helping you. Teamviewer allows one of us to see your screen, with your permission, and could probably cut a thread like this down to three posts and fix your issue in about 2 minutes because it adds visual aid.

You are having trouble communicating exactly what your problem is and exactly what is going on with your torrent client. If someone could see it, all those barriers would evaporate.

It requires a license so I was asking if anyone in the thread might happen to have one for their work stuff. Many people do these days. I do not have any extras.

So, all that aside, I wonder if it would help for you to post a screenshot of your torrent client. Do you know how to post a screenshot?

aturner
2013-08-15, 01:20 AM
yeah what exactly should i take pictures of

paddington
2013-08-15, 02:48 AM
naked women

spidergawd
2013-08-15, 08:53 AM
naked women

OK, I retract my earlier "Best/Funniest" comment, since I was clearly wrong as it contained absolutely nothing witty or helpful, and change my vote to this one. Best. Funniest. Of the CENTURY.

aturner
2013-08-15, 03:39 PM
naked women

lol i mean on the bit torrent program which sections