PDA

View Full Version : Blu ray authoring with Macs

alzeppelin
2013-03-17, 08:53 AM
Is it possible to author blu ray discs on macs from mts avchd files? I have been researching this but have not found a clear answer. Any help on this as to what programs are needed would be greatly appreciated since I have a lot of shows filmed that need to be authored.

Thanks in advance.

jabulon
2013-03-17, 12:10 PM
No mac user, but I would say so. How about http://www.apple.com/uk/finalcutpro/

alzeppelin
2013-03-17, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Looks like Toast 11 Titanium will work too.

daddyray
2013-03-17, 01:18 PM
yes Toast Titanium 11 is the way to go

AAR.oner
2013-03-18, 04:17 AM
answered you in PM, but figured i'd post here as well for others looking for an answer

Adobe Encore or Toast are your two main choices for authoring to Blu-ray...Toast has more limited options in regards to menus and whatnot, but is a lot cheaper $

editing HD-format files [like your AVCHD files] is possible with any of the NLEs available -- Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, and Avid being your primary progs...encoding for blu-ray can be handled by the video encoders associated with the above NLE suites [also Sorenson Squeeze]

so there's numerous options, but the two most common workflows [not including Avid] for authoring blu-rays on a Mac would be...
Final Cut suite users: Final Cut > Compressor > Adobe Encore or Toast
Adobe Production suite users: Premiere > Media Encoder > Encore

co9ol
2013-03-19, 05:26 AM
If you get toast don't forget the HD plug in, or else you won't be able to burn anything HD.