PDA

View Full Version : FLAC Frontend error message

Trainspotters
2005-08-03, 11:02 AM
I try to decode some flac files with FLAC Frontend but receive for most files (not all) this error message:

14 - Mighty Rearranger.flac: *** Got error code 0:FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_ERROR_STATUS_LOST_SYNC
14 - Mighty Rearranger.flac: ERROR while decoding metadata
state = FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_END_OF_STREAM

Does this mean that not all is torrented??

Thx in advance
Trainspotters

Ted
2005-08-03, 11:15 AM
How did the hash (st5, md5, ffp) check turn out?

Trainspotters
2005-08-03, 02:44 PM
Sorry 4 not mentioning this but I also pushed the 'Test' button.
That gave me the same error codes.

Last night Azureus did quit the torrent-job and I assumed all files were ok. But it seems Azureus tells MS to reserve the desired KB. So it seems they are all there but in fact they're not.
At least that's my opinion if I'm wrong please tell me.

Five
2005-08-03, 03:15 PM
restart azureus and see if it goes up to 100% when it checks the torrent.

see if anybody else is getting the errors when they test the FLACs they've downloaded.

Ted
2005-08-03, 03:15 PM
If Azureus quit before you had all the data, I'm pretty sure you'd still have a "valid" file that the OS wuold recognize, although it's data would be incomplete. The error message would seem to indicate that you don't have all the data or that it is corrupt. I'm not real familiar with FLACX Frontend, so maybe someone else has experienced this and can help out more.

Trainspotters
2005-08-04, 10:52 AM
Thanks 4 all the help, a 'simple' restart did the job. Indeed that recount was more effective than a delete and restart of just the torrent.

BTW Azureus does indeed reserve all the space needed to fill the torrent.

Ted
2005-08-04, 01:09 PM
BTW Azureus does indeed reserve all the space needed to fill the torrent.That's a setting in Azureus. You can disable it, but I'd recommend leaving it the way it is because if you happen to run low on disk space before you get the whole file, you're screwed. The way it is now, you reserve the space ahead of time and avoid that problem.

Glad everything's ok now.

Five
2005-08-04, 05:00 PM
:thumbsup great to hear that everything worked out.

I use the pre-allocate option too, it also helps keep yer HD less fragmented.