PDA

View Full Version : PAl to NSTC

luckyvic
2013-01-03, 09:47 AM
What is the procedure to change a PAL to NSTC? My dvd player does not
play PAL (no dvd hack availbale). What software can I use? Any freeware?

Thanks in advance.

stoner
2013-01-03, 02:57 PM
Much better to find a cheap player that will play both. Often discount stores carry them.. Believe it or not.. ;)

luckyvic
2013-01-03, 03:52 PM
I would like to find a Blu-Ray that will do that for cheap. $$ is real tight in our house right now and will be for awhile.

jabulon
2013-01-03, 04:39 PM
Instead of a dvd or blu-ray player, I would invest my money in a (HD)video streamer.

JackDog
2013-01-03, 04:54 PM
Much better to find a cheap player that will play both. Often discount stores carry them.. Believe it or not.. ;)

I wonder why it is that many of the cheap dvd players will play both PAL and NTSC? I picked up a $25 dvd player at Wal-Mart a few years ago that does that, but none of the $100+ ones that I looked at did. You can still find them on Amazon and eBay, they're called the Cyberhome CH 300 dvd player.

Audioarchivist
2013-01-03, 08:13 PM
You can use a free program called ifoedit to trick your ntsc only dvd player to play pal discs. It's not too hard to quickly edit the (I think) ifo files to make the DVD player think the video is ntsc. It doesn't transcode the video, just changes some info in some small files... Google it! IfoEdit

As for why some cheapo DVD players do PAL / NTSC and more expensive ones don't: I don't know really why, but the more complicated they make a DVD player and the more $$$ they throw at it in development, the less likely it'll be compatible. Best bet is get a super disc-count cheapo player alongside your supreme expensive players!

luckyvic
2013-01-03, 10:07 PM
OK, thanks for all the replies! I will look into IfoEdit.