PDA

View Full Version : Yeeshkul!

PatGoD67
2012-12-04, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone, first time posting here, so please be patient!

Yeeshkul! won't load for me; Chrome pops up saying "the webpage can't be found", and I was just wondering it everyone's having this problem, or is it just me?
All my torrents in μTorrent are red, and the tracker status says "Offline (Timed out)", and have been for about a day now. Have I been banned or something?

Homebrew101
2012-12-04, 06:18 PM
this link works fir me
http://www.yeeshkul.com/forum/torrents.php?

PatGoD67
2012-12-05, 07:37 AM
Crosstown Torrents and Working Man's Tracker are exactly the same, each popping up with this;

Audioarchivist
2012-12-05, 12:34 PM
I have no problem getting Yeeshkul, but CTT didn't load... Dunno about the other one...

PatGoD67
2012-12-11, 07:25 AM
Could it be an ISP issue?

jabulon
2012-12-11, 08:11 AM
Hi everyone, first time posting here, so please be patient!

Yeeshkul! won't load for me; Chrome pops up saying "the webpage can't be found", and I was just wondering it everyone's having this problem, or is it just me?
All my torrents in μTorrent are red, and the tracker status says "Offline (Timed out)", and have been for about a day now. Have I been banned or something?
Is there a reason to?
Could it be an ISP issue?

Try visiting Yeeshkul (http://www.yeeshkul.com/forum/torrents.php?) through hidemyass (http://www.hidemyass.com/)

ZJLI
2012-12-11, 01:38 PM
Isn't mooncusser a mod there??

:lol4: :gun:

(You got a beating coming, buddy!)

Audioarchivist
2013-01-23, 03:38 PM
I can't seem to get a page to load at Yeeshkul today since this morning...

Anyone know anything about it? Tracker seems down too, by the looks of it...

U2Lynne
2013-01-23, 04:23 PM
Doing a trace in network-tools, it looks like the issue is upstream of their server. So, perhaps problems with their host.

mooncusser
2013-01-23, 07:26 PM
it's down, TJ is working on it
hopefully soon

U2Lynne
2013-01-23, 07:28 PM
it's down, TJ is working on it
hopefully soon
And probably pulling out his hair as he does so if he is anything like me when I work on "site is down!" issues. :D

mooncusser
2013-01-23, 07:29 PM
probably a fair guess :)

paddington
2013-01-23, 07:45 PM
Im seeing packets dropping off just after a layer3 switch in Miami, at the host's (MojoHost) co-located server facility in Jacksonville.

mooncusser
2013-01-23, 08:52 PM
Problem is at the server, won't reboot, apparent failure of a secondary drive used for backups

Blues_Ken
2013-01-24, 09:42 AM
I was wondering what was going on.

zac
2013-01-24, 09:51 AM
The third day is not connection with Yeeshkul :headbang2 :help:

U2Lynne
2013-01-24, 10:01 AM
Problem is at the server, won't reboot, apparent failure of a secondary drive used for backups

Ouch! Let him know if he needs any help, to holler. I don't know that I can be of any help, but I'm here anyway.

Egory07
2013-01-24, 11:50 AM

Than we can help you?

mooncusser
2013-01-24, 10:08 PM
Ouch! Let him know if he needs any help, to holler. I don't know that I can be of any help, but I'm here anyway.
thanks, appreciate the offer. will let him know.

+++++

To other members, it may be a bit longer before Y! is back up. Your patience is appreciated.

y1999jas
2013-01-24, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the info.

Whenever the site goes down I always fear the worst!

When it comes back up I'll consider making a dontation to help cover the costs of the failed drive.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Rmprog77
2013-01-25, 07:47 AM
Ditto from me also. Starting to get worried there. :wave:

RonToon
2013-01-25, 11:45 AM
Just heard from TJ who is working on a solution which may involve a new host and software. So Y will be back, it just may take some time. :clap:

zac
2013-01-25, 11:58 AM
Thanks Ron for news! :)

neonknight
2013-01-25, 03:27 PM
Just heard from TJ who is working on a solution which may involve a new host and software. So Y will be back, it just may take some time. :clap:

That's good news. It's felt really odd these past few days with the site not around. Looking forward to uploading some more tape transfers up there soon. :wave:

RonToon
2013-01-25, 05:03 PM
It will most likely be a couple of weeks. New server. New software. New Yeeshkul built from the ground up. All previous stats probably wiped (poor Walter!). I hope he can somehow manage to save some of the sticky threads.

y1999jas
2013-01-25, 06:22 PM
Downside: I was a month behind in the audio forum
Upside: New software should eliminate the need for mulit-part rar sets for BDs.

I hope µTorrent 1.8.4 will still work. That's the last version that I know of that works on NT4.

I told Walter about this thread and he found it about three hours ago.

stonecutter
2013-01-25, 07:15 PM

Thanks for the news Ron,I was worried there for a while. The world would be a very sad place for all Floyd fans without you and Yeeshkul! :clap:

paddington
2013-01-25, 09:25 PM
Just curious... Why from scratch? No backups, at all, anywhere?

moonwall
2013-01-26, 07:02 AM
Just curious... Why from scratch? No backups, at all, anywhere?

There are backups, of course. But with new software are they any useful? We don't know yet.

All previous stats probably wiped (poor Walter!).

One of the advantages of starting from scratch, nobody can complain of low ratio and "why, oh, why didn't you push the Thanks-buttom", at least not in a years time :lol:

direwolf-pgh
2013-01-26, 07:26 AM
endless possibilities when starting from scratch ~ looking forward to the new site

masterp1an
2013-01-26, 08:22 AM
If it started from scratch, it's means that all uploaded torrents also is gone forever!?:wtf:

mooncusser
2013-01-26, 08:38 AM
the torrents themselves would be gone, but the actual recordings were never stored at the site. the recordings are held by the individual members -- and the collective library is quite vast. some have terabytes of the stuff.

no worries, it will all be just a re-seed away.

Beechwoods
2013-01-26, 09:32 AM
It's fantastic that Yeeshkul will be coming back bigger and better! Hats off to TJ for taking the bull by the horns and turning the situation into an opportunity.

Starting from a clean slate, it would be nice to take the chance to get all the best sources up there, and 'clean the trading pool' while we're at it!

neonknight
2013-01-26, 09:42 AM
Turning it into a Floyd only site would be good... but I don't suppose that would be popular.

StrawRider
2013-01-26, 09:45 AM
Thanks for all the updates. It will be interesting to see what can be salvaged but it's reassuring to know Yeeshkul! will be back and that's all that matters.

Beechwoods
2013-01-26, 09:45 AM
Turning it into a Floyd only site would be good... but I don't suppose that would be popular.

You purist!! :D

zafreth1
2013-01-26, 10:33 AM
Well i can help to reup ALL the material that i have downloaded from years of Yeeshkul, so count me on that when it appears again, i remember to donate to the site some quite back ago...

RonToon
2013-01-26, 10:35 AM
One of the advantages of starting from scratch, nobody can complain of low ratio and "why, oh, why didn't you push the Thanks-buttom", at least not in a years time :lol:Geeze... and I was getting so close to reaching the 10,000 "Thanks" mark! :p

WRomanus
2013-01-26, 02:24 PM
It will most likely be a couple of weeks. New server. New software. New Yeeshkul built from the ground up. All previous stats probably wiped (poor Walter!). I hope he can somehow manage to save some of the sticky threads.

Stats? Who care about stats?
The only thing of mine I cared of on Y was all the research about ZP.
I said _cared_ since now is secured in two ways.
First. I copied both of the legs of Deep in ZP...
Second. I wrote down all like it should become a book.
For now a reduction of all that was published in 13 pages of a book :
Pink Floyd - Storie e Segreti by The Lunatics.
BTW - Since the threads were closed I didn't update all the people about the unbelieveble results reached by the research lately. :D
And that it was clearly a disservice to all the fans.

I agree that _Y_ has now the chance to restart better than it was.

RonToon
2013-01-26, 02:45 PM
Stats? Who care about stats?Certain uploaders who track down members for not clicking the THANKS button maybe? ;)

Be careful about flooding the new Y with ZP uploads, Walter. It's still a bit of a sore subject with TJ. Your research is useful and I'd hate to see your threads closed again after all the years of hard work you put into it. I may not be a fan of ZP but anyone can appreciate your passion and dedication to the material.

WRomanus
2013-01-26, 04:15 PM
Certain uploaders who track down members for not clicking the THANKS button maybe? ;)
You as some of the _closed head/dogs of war_ there didn't understand the spirit of that even I well explained after the misunderstanding (due to my bad English).
Well, the explaination-post was soon deleted and I didn't care to try to post in public again...
Nothing is worse than those don't WANT to understand. So....

Anyway who asked in PM had it on PM and was fully satisfied.
The others had to be wise enough to realize that after the release of ROMAYYAD I deleted the two restorations of Omayyad I released before....
Deleted ... with hundreds THANKS....
Does it ring a bell? ;)

Be careful about flooding the new Y with ZP uploads, Walter. It's still a bit of a sore subject with TJ. Your research is useful and I'd hate to see your threads closed again after all the years of hard work you put into it. I may not be a fan of ZP but anyone can appreciate your passion and dedication to the material.

Whoever boycotting ZP is making a _disservice_ to fans.
Personal issues are irrilevant, so they say my two mates in good English.
And they are right.
Flooded?
Deep in ZP will be anyway not resumed, not by me.
On the other hand I doubt I will share something again as WRomanus only.
All is done by MQR.
Maybe to reshare some old releases, have to check....

y1999jas
2013-01-26, 10:56 PM
Suggestion: Someone point Y's DNS to an "under construction" page letting everyone know Y will be back. Just a thought.

nipote
2013-01-27, 07:33 AM
4,5 TB of stuff are always ready!

I think isn't a problem re-seed all, tht important is that Y come back!

And the y1999jas idea is right, a "under construction" page.

RonToon
2013-01-27, 09:25 AM
You as some of the _closed head/dogs of war_ there didn't understand the spirit of that even I well explained after the misunderstanding (due to my bad English)I read your "explanation". Your egomaniacal tracking of Yeeshkul members seemed fairly obvious. No explanation needed.

floydee
2013-01-27, 10:04 AM
The real loss isn't the torrents as we all know everyone can re-up those. The list of your own downloaded and uploaded torrents was invaluable. And a lot of lost threads were priceless too. Our individual histories lost forever. Let's just hope that with the failed disc TJ is able to bring it to someone who can recover the data. I work in the Telecommunications/IT industry and many times when changing from one system to another data is able to be uploaded to the new system from the old one.

The big question, do I keep my original username, or change it to a more anonymous one like this one (can you guess who I am over at Yeeshkul?:hmm:).

Oh and how long before Walter hunts you down for not thanking him will be interesting to watch. :D

POTWProductions
2013-01-27, 10:33 AM
TJ has a back-up but it's several weeks old. Not sure it can be transferred to a new host if he decided to change the forum software.

A_L

RonToon
2013-01-27, 11:46 AM
Hopefully some of the non-torrent threads devoted to important research can be restored. :thumbsup

goattd
2013-01-27, 02:26 PM
The real loss isn't the torrents as we all know everyone can re-up those. The list of your own downloaded and uploaded torrents was invaluable. And a lot of lost threads were priceless too. Our individual histories lost forever. Let's just hope that with the failed disc TJ is able to bring it to someone who can recover the data. I work in the Telecommunications/IT industry and many times when changing from one system to another data is able to be uploaded to the new system from the old one.

yes, more important than torrents, are the threads, as well the Pink Floyd forum area.
There is and incredible amount of information, would be sad get lost.

Well, I really tried it hard with shitty ISPs and speed to keep a good ratio!!!

Anyway, thanks Neon and JFE to point me to TTD, I was really worried.

Good luck to TJ and the mods of Y! Shine on

(Ron and WR, have a pisco sour and shake hands in peace/pax, let's all make love in London :lol: )

neonknight
2013-01-27, 03:04 PM
I remember TJ once stating very plainly that Y was not a good place to archive information and people should not rely upon it for those reasons. Recent events have proven him right. If the more useful details on the site have not been lost - e.g. posts by the likes of Grolsch (RIP) - steps should be taken once it is up and running to make it safe in other ways.

tjmack
2013-01-27, 03:46 PM
TJ here.

Just to put a few things straight...

On Tuesday Jan 22nd I attempted a server reboot but the server failed to come back online. There was a problem with a second hard disk drive the night before, so I'm assuming that it's this that's stopping the server from rebooting.

I and the other mods have tried to contact our current provider Electropopmedia.com both by email and phone - but they simply just do not respond.

So to make the most of a bad situation and perhaps dump some gremlins that we've had to suffer in the past behind. I've decided to give the site a total revamp.

We will seek out new hosts and new software. I intend the new version of Yeeshkul to be along similar lines - ie a forum (likely vBulletin based again but a more recent version) with a bit torrent tracker attached.

I do have a back-up of the existing site locally, but I don't intend on restoring it - not fully anyway. I might retrieve sections of it and make them available for reference purposes.

I don't know how long this will take to re-organise everything - a week or 2 - who knows? Just know that we haven't thrown in the towel yet.

Cheers.

WRomanus
2013-01-27, 04:11 PM
I read your "explanation". Your egomaniacal tracking of Yeeshkul members seemed fairly obvious. No explanation needed.

_seemed_... You are right.
And in fact explanation was needed indeed IMO.

Anyway who asked in PM had it on PM and was fully satisfied.
The others had to be wise enough to realize that after the release of ROMAYYAD I deleted the two restorations of Omayyad I released before....
Deleted ... with hundreds THANKS....
Does it ring a bell? ;)

And I see that to delete no less than 500 thanks didn't ring a bell. :hmm:
Well, no problems indeed.
What I wrote in my last post is clear.
I don't care and I don't need any stat.
I was and I'm not interested in give further explaination which a clever person should not need.
What is important is the history, the research for that and the free diffusion of the results.
The rest is rather irrilevant.
The ZP research (and others) is safe and went ahead without any help from Y.
Y was the place used to its FREE diffusion ( and BTW in exclusive ).

Will ZP whole research re-appear on the new Y?
Is not up to me. I'm surely not willing to re-build all the monumental research from scratch.
I'm only sorry for that real lot of people who really like that.
And I'm sorry they will suffer from the disservice which I didn't start.

As I was a researcher for the whole of my life (even in my working life) I can suggest to the new Y to keep each single topic in one thread or in a chain of threads.

(Ron and WR, have a pisco sour and shake hands in peace/pax, let's all make love in London :lol: )
hahaha!
Thank you for the hint.
Just we don't have any problem. Don't we Ron?
Just points of view
I declare, really not problems at all. :)

RonToon
2013-01-27, 04:54 PM
Just we don't have any problem. Don't we Ron?
No problems my friend. I like you, even if you are a bit crazy obsessive and even if I am overly critical at times.:lol4: Looking forward to seeing you on the new Y! :wave:

stuartw
2013-01-27, 05:21 PM
TJ here.

I do have a back-up of the existing site locally, but I don't intend on restoring it - not fully anyway. I might retrieve sections of it and make them available for reference purposes.

I don't know how long this will take to re-organise everything - a week or 2 - who knows? Just know that we haven't thrown in the towel yet.

Cheers.

Thanks for the update on this. Will our user name and password be valid or will we need to re-register?

Aldo1111
2013-01-27, 06:24 PM
I'm a brand new one french (sorry for my english : your french is welcome !-)) Ykul member but i tell you that this site is the height wonder of the world.
Merci and thank !
Keep going and peace

direwolf-pgh
2013-01-28, 07:42 AM
bonjour, Aldo :wave: Faites comme chez vous

RonToon
2013-01-28, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the update on this. Will our user name and password be valid or will we need to re-register?Most likely everyone will need to re-register.

floydee
2013-01-28, 08:27 AM
Most likely everyone will need to re-register.

Good Morning Ron,

Can you ask TJ if there's any possibility that on a short term basis he would let us get our individual posts/threads? I understand he doesn't want to do a full backup. But I think a lot of us would like to have those if possible?

Thanks

UrbanSurfer
2013-01-28, 09:41 PM
TJ here.

So to make the most of a bad situation and perhaps dump some gremlins..... I've decided to give the site a total revamp.

We will seek out new hosts and new software. I intend the new version of Yeeshkul to be along similar lines Cheers.

best of luck getting the site back up TJ. Yeeshkul is a gem.

deadrest
2013-01-29, 10:21 AM
Most likely everyone will need to re-register.

that sucks but at least we get y back soon & i can use "the man" as id again , its in use here ggrr lol
oh btw ron how is the footage from dsotm coming along ? another thing to look forward to:wave:

RonToon
2013-01-29, 06:05 PM
how is the footage from dsotm coming along ? another thing to look forward to:wave:I'll be picking up the new transfers this weekend. Hoping for the best.

paddington
2013-01-29, 06:32 PM
Since we know DNS Propagation will come into play before this is over, would anyone like to also buy a t-shirt?

mooncusser
2013-01-29, 07:56 PM
ummm... when Y! has sold shirts, people actually got them ;)

anyway....
TJ is making progress on getting the site going again
a new host is arranged
he's being careful to get it right over getting it done quickly

paddington
2013-01-29, 08:56 PM
I'm sure he will... :thumbsup

just some levity while we wait

the pink really pops on the black shirt, though

metsker
2013-01-30, 01:26 AM
i've been checking it daily for awhile now, glad I came across this thread.
i was sort of worried about my floyd fix for a short moment!

A-l-l-a-n-o-n
2013-01-30, 02:08 AM
have about four or five unfinished (not complete downloaded) torrents from Yeeshkul.
So, all the Best and good luck to all people who are involved helping Yeeshkul to come back soon.
And new registering is no problem, as long as I can finish download my torrents, than ... ;)

deadrest
2013-01-30, 11:25 AM
thats really great mr T, i cant wait , i got a good feeling man!! cheers ron

deadrest
2013-01-30, 11:27 AM
cool mr T!!! lol cant wait, i got a good feeling about this one

deadrest
2013-01-30, 11:31 AM
I'll be picking up the new transfers this weekend. Hoping for the best.

cool ron its gonna be epic i gotta really good feeling about this one

zac
2013-01-30, 11:34 AM
A message about Yeeshkul!
I've decided to move Yeeshkul to new hosts after our previous host failed to respond to our support requests. The previous server suffered some sort of hardware failure on a second HDD that was used for back-ups.

We will try to retrieve content from a back-up made a month ago.
Please do not pester me or the other mods, or anyone else about this. We will do the best that we can.

We will and get the site going within the next few days - it depends on the freetime that I, the mods and others have.
TJ - January 30th, 2013.

Rmprog77
2013-01-30, 04:56 PM
Thanks to TJ and Ron for the updates. Life with no Y has been very strange! Look forward to a new and improved version. As always thanks TJ and the mods for all the work on working through this and for perservering. Can't wait - especially for the Atlanta video. :clap::clap::clap: You guys are the best!!!

paddington
2013-01-30, 05:16 PM
hey cusser, when will Y be back up?

mooncusser
2013-01-30, 07:13 PM
hey cusser, when will Y be back up?

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1838468&postcount=69

...and the Under Construction page is up.

if some of you don't see it right away, just may need a bit more time for the DNS propagation

paddington
2013-01-30, 08:29 PM
I'm sorry for pestering you.

PatGoD67
2013-01-31, 04:55 AM
Phew! Glad I decided to check back in on this thread after so long (although it was initially a personal problem I was having).

Relieved (to say the least) that Y! will be returning, and that it wasn't just me having issues...I agree, life has been strange without logging onto the tracker to check for updates daily!

I'm fairly certain I made my own copy of the "List of best known sources" thread b_squared had perfected (consisting of screenshots, and in many cases, the actual downloads). If some of the more important threads aren't able to be salvaged (such as the aforementioned one), at lest it will be able to be resurrected, after all said desirable torrents will be upped.

I know it's a long-shot, but I had built up a really excellent ratio (off the top of my head, nearly 2.0) - will there be any chance of our ratios being carried over to the new Y! For those of us with terrible upload speeds (mines 40 kb/s MAX), this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, it would be good to somewhat purge the tracker of inferior torrents now (although, I'd prefer it not to have been under these circumstances).

And as for having a Floyd-only tracker, with some of you guys around (Neonknight, JFE, Bert13, RonToon, Halluculation etc.), anything anyone else would upload would be ridiculously inferior! For some of us, torrents for other groups are the only way to build a decent ratio (and also to share certain gems for those with a similar musical interest - as I recall, my Doors Live at the Isle of Wight torrent was met with a great response).

Cheers for all your hard work, guys! Please keep us all posted :)

floydee
2013-01-31, 05:37 AM
I'm sure by now TJ will do what he can. I'm sure he and the mods have already hashed out what they can and what they want to do with the new site. I would think by now it's clear that we should all just sit back and be patient and wait for it to reappear.

Beechwoods
2013-01-31, 06:44 AM
This is fantastic news. I am a forum Administrator on another vBulletin site and I know how much work must be going into setting up Yeeshkul v.2. Good luck to TJ and the mods. It will be worth it, and I look forward to seeing how it looks. If you're going with VB4 there are some fantastic features, such as Blogging and 'newsletter' type posts with linked comments which will really benefit the research side of the site, and help make it a real go-to reference resource.

Onwards and upwards!

Mika
2013-01-31, 08:15 PM
Looking forward to the new Y, and a big thank you for those who's hard work is going into recreating this! :thumbsup

y1999jas
2013-01-31, 11:40 PM
Glad to see an "Under Construction" page is up for all of those who didn't find this (and presumably other's out there) thread.

I also would like to take a moment to thank the regulars here at TTD for welcoming those of us from Y! who have been hanging here while our home ("a little place of our own") site is down. It took me a while to adapt to the culture here and some of the humor. Actually someone here PM'd me to explain something fairly obvious that I just wasn't getting. So thanks, not only do I feel a lot less "paranoid" now (LOL), I actually feel welcome.

StrawRider
2013-02-01, 10:17 AM
Exactly. Relax and play some Floyd.

In a churchyard by a river,
Lazing in the haze of midday,
Laughing in the grasses and the graze.
Yellow bird, you are not lonely
In singing and in flying on,
In laughing and in leaving.

Willow weeping in the water,
Waving to the river daughters,
Swaying in the ripples and the reeds.
On a trip to Cirrus Minor,
Saw a crater in the sun
A thousand miles of moonlight later.

gbc_74
2013-02-01, 10:26 AM
thanks for puting your best effort on bringin Y back again. Looking forward to the new site!

hagbardceline
2013-02-02, 03:53 AM
nothing news?

Not Found
The requested URL /forum/index.php was not found on this server. www.yeeshkul.com

hagbardceline
2013-02-02, 04:28 AM
ok, thanks for all infos.......wait and see....
:)

floydee
2013-02-02, 08:25 AM
Anyone having trouble with dime's site this morning?

RonToon
2013-02-02, 08:30 AM
Anyone having trouble with dime's site this morning?Nope.

floydee
2013-02-02, 08:32 AM
Nope.

Thanks for the reply Ron. At least I now know it's not US based. I even called Timewarner to see if they're blocking it. The tech couldn't reach it either.

RonToon
2013-02-02, 04:50 PM
YEESHKUL IS BACK!!!

floydee
2013-02-02, 04:53 PM
YEESHKUL IS BACK!!!

Not for me. And I suspect others.

RonToon
2013-02-02, 04:56 PM
Not for me. And I suspect others.I spoke too soon. I'm able to access it and read a few threads so I assumed it was back. Shouldn't be too much longer.

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/forum.php

floydee
2013-02-02, 05:04 PM
I spoke too soon. I'm able to access it and read a few threads so I assumed it was back. Shouldn't be too much longer.

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/forum.php

I was trying with the straight www.yeeshkul.com (http://www.yeeshkul.com), which had the under construction sign. However, using my old saved forum link, I'm in there too. I bet your link above works too.

It's like being born again :)

herring8
2013-02-02, 07:04 PM
I got in earlier and everything seemed to be as at 29th (i think) Dec - but now it's showing the same unavailable message.

POTWProductions
2013-02-02, 07:48 PM
The forum is still under construction. What you saw earlier was a restored back up used temporarily as a test. The new host is up and running, the forum being updated to a newer version and such. So hang tight folks it'll be up and running soon.

A_L

RonToon
2013-02-02, 08:01 PM
The forum is still under construction. What you saw earlier was a restored back up used temporarily as a test. The new host is up and running, the forum being updated to a newer version and such. So hang tight folks it'll be up and running soon.

A_LAnd the Atlanta 73 footage is ready to go! :D

StrawRider
2013-02-02, 08:10 PM
Wow, log in works and old ratio is showing up. Cool!

Thanks for the dedicated work, TJ.

Beechwoods
2013-02-03, 02:38 AM
Fantastic news, it's good to be able to sign in with my original user... :)

The forums are switched off at the moment obviously while the guys finish their work.

Well done to the Yeeshkul Admin and Mod team!

rooster77
2013-02-03, 02:48 AM
I miss yeeshkul. a tight knit group that is a family.

mooncusser
2013-02-03, 10:12 AM
It's not quite done, but getting closer. :)

stuartw
2013-02-03, 11:12 AM
It's working for me at the moment.

POTWProductions
2013-02-03, 12:08 PM
The site is again fully functional. Their has been some changes to the layout and a few minor things are still not working, but the tracker is fully operational.

A_L

marbal
2013-02-03, 01:47 PM
The site is again fully functional. Their has been some changes to the layout and a few minor things are still not working, but the tracker is fully operational.

A_L

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many thanx to everybody involved for all your hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We really missed something:tunes:
marbal

chazarrelli
2013-02-03, 01:50 PM
I've been unable to log on today.

mooncusser
2013-02-03, 06:38 PM
try "http://yeeshkul.com/forum/forum.php" for starters, rather than other URLs you may have saved.

much has changed.

A-l-l-a-n-o-n
2013-02-04, 01:52 AM
YES!
Yeeshkul is back !! :)
THANKS to all who helped :thumbsup

Audioarchivist
2013-02-04, 02:51 AM
Well, it WAS working! haha
All I'm getting right now are database errors.... Hoping it's just a hiccup!

jpeace
2013-02-04, 04:42 AM
I miss yeeshkul. a tight knit group that is a family.

One that apparently throws other family members under the bus. Although I've done nothing controversial or annoying to them in a couple of years I find myself banned. Interesting how politics involving other members that I associate with professionally (if that word works when it comes to the work we do on these recordings for all of you) affect me by proxy.

At least TTD will benefit, since I will now share my releases and MQR's here first.

Rmprog77
2013-02-04, 07:15 AM
I get the same thing when trying to access the site. The tracker seems to be still working ( the HRV video torrent I downloaded yesterday evening is still seeding!). Teething problems no doubt. :rolleyes:

Audioarchivist
2013-02-04, 09:12 AM

BURP!

Hiccups? No, I think it was just gas or something. haha

Must be doing some homework on the site when I happened to hit it. Things really seemed to get screwey when I was posting a comment. Then they got even weirder when I tried to edit my comment (spelling errors!) and it looked for a sec like I crashed the site again, but it was back in about 20 minutes I guess...

I'm sure the debugging process will take some time to get fully sorted. Now, if they could figure out how to make everyone play nice with each other and ALL GET ALONG NICELY, we might have something...

WRomanus
2013-02-04, 09:46 AM
No problems my friend............... Looking forward to seeing you on the new Y! :wave:
hehehe! I don't think so :vino:

mooncusser
2013-02-04, 09:47 AM
The site is experiencing a few issues including a memory leak with some of the software. Needs a periodic reboot whilst a permanent resolution is worked out.

Thanks to everyone for bearing with the teething issues.

y1999jas
2013-02-07, 08:28 PM
To "W" and "}{": I don't always agree with the decisions that are taken there, but hey, it's not my site. Glad to see you guys here and to know that the MQR releases will keep flowing. Looking forward to seeing the movie...when the menus are finally done! BTW, I expect that I should be able to pay a visit to Don sometime next week. Now which is it? Rabbit season, or duck season?

jpeace
2013-02-07, 08:31 PM
To "W" and "}{": I don't always agree with the decisions that are taken there, but hey, it's not my site. Glad to see you guys here and to know that the MQR releases will keep flowing. Looking forward to seeing the movie...when the menus are finally done! BTW, I expect that I should be able to pay a visit to Don sometime next week. Now which is it? Rabbit season, or duck season?

It's Elmer season

I've always felt that this forum was a bit more lenient (I had an avatar that said fuck you for 2 years and not a sniff), But I preferred the deep Pink Floyd discussions and musical discoveries of Y. People there take the music seriously and that's great. Some, however take themselves too seriously, and that's bad. And that's all I've got to say about that.

I like TTD, and I've lurked here for years. I hope that myself and MQR can help serve all your uberfan needs.

RonToon
2013-02-10, 11:07 AM
Too bad that you guys were banned. I guess you could have just had your uploading privileges revoked but I don't know the circumstances and I'm assuming someone pushed TJ a bit too hard.

Audioarchivist
2015-01-11, 06:33 AM
Site's down, tracker's also down tonight... Anyone else? It says it's down for everyone when I checked on one of those "is it down" sites, so...

What's the deal with that, then???

whiskybob
2015-01-11, 06:41 AM
Yep, can't access the site/tracker as of 11th Jan, it was fine yesterday.
I hope that this is temporary and not part of an ongoing issue with Pink Floyd's management clamping down as with Harvested releases........
We shall see

Egory07
2015-01-11, 11:58 AM
... tracker and the site is now available.

Audioarchivist
2016-10-24, 11:24 AM
Site's down, tracker's also down tonight... Anyone else? It says it's down for everyone when I checked on one of those "is it down" sites, so...

What's the deal with that, then???

Again, today. Maintenance? Or something serious? Anyone know anything???

sonofedg
2016-10-24, 12:10 PM
Was up last night 8:00 pm EST . . . nothing in the trades about it. The trackers was going as well. . .

Audioarchivist
2016-10-24, 11:28 PM
down all day, tracker too...

neonknight
2016-10-25, 08:08 AM
It's a sever issue and TJ is on holiday.

nipote
2016-10-25, 08:49 AM

+1

Need only a little patience

oldpink
2016-10-26, 07:34 AM

Thanks for the info, Neon man!
Good to see you over here too, brother.

bobbydjr
2016-10-27, 08:27 AM
Thanks neonknight. I've been wondering what was going on too.

neonknight
2016-10-27, 03:15 PM
Some good stuff to come when the site is up and running again. Anybody for a jimfisheye Sheffield 1970? Yes, me too!

Progfan2112
2016-10-28, 08:24 PM
Some good stuff to come when the site is up and running again. Anybody for a jimfisheye Sheffield 1970? Yes, me too!

:worship:

Oh yell yes! :)

Silvermachine
2016-11-01, 10:34 AM
Very glad to see many of my old friends :kat: :)

bobbydjr
2016-11-01, 06:26 PM
Any news on Yeeshkul? TJ still on vacation?

nipote
2016-11-02, 07:00 PM
Y! run :thumbsup

sonofedg
2016-11-02, 08:03 PM
Up and running . . .

Silvermachine
2016-11-02, 11:29 PM
:drunk:

Silvermachine
2017-01-23, 01:25 AM
YEESHKUL again does not work :ah:

ZJLI
2017-01-23, 12:50 PM
mooncusser is shariff :hide:

sonofedg
2017-01-23, 01:21 PM
Working fine now . . .

Silvermachine
2017-01-23, 11:03 PM
OK!!! :)

Silvermachine
2017-02-10, 08:04 AM
YEESHKUL again does not work

sonofedg
2017-02-10, 12:04 PM
Loads right up for me. No problems

Silvermachine
2017-02-10, 01:55 PM
OK !!! :)

cstier
2017-02-10, 08:40 PM
Broken again.

sonofedg
2017-02-10, 08:51 PM
My connection works fine. I even have Comcrap . . .

dorrcoq
2017-02-10, 11:06 PM
I don't understand why the fuck you people find the need to continually come here to say some other (apparently less than stable) site can't be accessed at any given moment. Anyone who cares will soon discover the fact for themselves. Or not.

sonofedg
2017-02-10, 11:26 PM
:disbelief

dorrcoq
2017-02-11, 01:25 AM
:disbelief

Yeah, that's about as good an explanation as I expected.:lol4:

Audioarchivist
2018-04-04, 02:52 PM
As it seems customary to do, I thought I'd post in here that Y! is down again today... :)

metsker
2018-04-04, 04:28 PM
As it seems customary to do, I thought I'd post in here that Y! is down again today... :)

again.. :/
hope they bounce back

Audioarchivist
2020-10-10, 06:58 PM

deja vu do all over again? I just noticed all my Y! torrents were red, so i went to look and the site's down too...

Any ideas, Floydians?

Audioarchivist
2020-10-11, 12:08 AM
deja vu do all over again? I just noticed all my Y! torrents were red, so i went to look and the site's down too...

Any ideas, Floydians?

I guess I just have all the luck - everything looks fine a few hours later...

I'm guessing minor server downtime, right when I happened to try and look...

Carry on!

Audioarchivist
2021-11-30, 03:22 PM
Down again? Tracker and site. Database error. Hoping it fixed itself and comes back!

Silvermachine
2021-12-01, 01:41 PM
It started about a day ago...