PDA

View Full Version : Fileset not recognized - HELP?

TTDaddy
2012-11-14, 02:46 PM
Hi all

I tried to upload a FLAC fileset that was shared over mediafire (via the TRC) of Todd Rundgren's Utopia. I decoded and burned discs form the files, they are confirmed good files. Then I created a torrent to share here.
That's where the problem occurred. When I seeded the torrent, the fileset showed as being 2.3 kb; I think only the text (info) file and the ffp file were recognized. I figured I'd done it wrong, had the torrent pulled and tried again. Sadly I keep getting the same result, the FLAC files aren't "recognized" in the fileset. I also notice that both utorrent and TLH create the torrent file WAY TOO FAST to be reading all the data.

I hope I've accurately described the problem, and that one of you can help me understand what's happening. Is there tag info missing, or too much info added to the files. I await your wisdom. And, as always, thanks for the music!

lintoni
2012-11-15, 07:02 AM
Are the flac files and text files in the same folder?

TTDaddy
2012-11-15, 07:40 PM
Yes, the torrent file points to the folder containing the FLACS, info and ffp files.

lintoni
2012-11-17, 02:25 PM
Odd. Is it only this file set that is affected? Are the files protected by some permission rights, locked in any way? If you can't check/change file permissions -

You could try:

1) creating a ffp file of the original flac set.
2) decode the flac set to wavs in another folder
3) encode the resulting wavs to a new flac set.
4) check ffp file against the new file set, if identical, try creating your torrent file.

lintoni
2012-11-19, 02:32 PM
Odd. Is it only this file set that is affected? Are the files protected by some permission rights, locked in any way? If you can't check/change file permissions -

You could try:

1) creating a ffp file of the original flac set.
2) decode the flac set to wavs in another folder
3) encode the resulting wavs to a new flac set.
4) check ffp file against the new file set, if identical, try creating your torrent file.

This bit is probably total b*llocks.