PDA

View Full Version : Banned from another site

guizillabr
2012-10-14, 12:20 PM
Hello anybody, I really need help but I donīt know if here is the right place to do, so I apologize in advance anything...

Straight on the facts, recently Iīve got banned from the site Yeeshkul, for "ubberleeching" - this ban will remain until 30/december/2012 and Iīve got pretty sad for this. Probably it happened because I didnīt give as much seeding as I needed in order to keep my menbership alive. Certainly my ratio was awful bad to make them take this measure against me.

Now I donīt know what to do - anybody have any idea?

My sincere apologize if this subject is inconvenient here.

Thanks in advance to all

paddington
2012-10-14, 12:39 PM
You should probably seed more.

Your ratio is pretty bad here, for a 3 year account

Luckily, we don't care. Other sites are more concerned, as you have noticed.

mooncusser
2012-10-14, 12:48 PM
Yeeshkul is pretty lenient about ratio, usually look for .25 - .20 minimum

you have a 0.19 ratio at Yeeshkul with over 440 GB downloaded
and you were likely given a warning with an opportunity to improve your ratio before the ban

when your ban expires, seeds whatever shows you can and leave them open for as long as possible

otherwise it could become a permanent ban...

jabulon
2012-10-14, 02:20 PM
What are your up and download limits? May be you should take these limits into account more. It's much easier and faster (for the most of us) to download than to upload. After finishing a download leave your computer online as long as possible. If you mostly download 'old' torrents, the ones with one or a few seeds and no other leechers, it might be an idea to download a new recently seeded torrent and seed that one for as long as possible (don't do this with a very popular torrent when you have a very low upload speed)

LeifH12345
2012-10-15, 01:04 AM
check this thread for further details

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25339

GRC
2012-10-16, 04:16 AM
Is it just me, or is it getting more difficult to gain any benefit from leaving torrents open after downloading around here?

Everything I've DL'd recently has completed, and within a short while of me completing, everyone else seems to disconnect. I'm left with an open torrent and nobody connected. No seeders, no leechers, nothing. And the share ratio for the individual torrent is 0.0001 or something in that vein......

starman714
2012-10-16, 07:40 AM
you need to get on them earlier so you share while you leech; a faster connection and being connectable (not firewalled) are probably your main issues though, that's why everybody seems to disappear, they are faster

picador
2012-10-16, 09:19 AM
any temp or perm bans only last as long as your current IP address :D

get a new IP address, a new username, new email address (plenty are available for free) and sign back up. if you think that the mods will track you down on other sites, just use a new name at those as well.

admonishing someone to seed seed seed won't do much good if their u/l speed is pretty weak. yeah I know, if their connection is that slow they shouldn't be torrenting, they're what's wrong with modern trading, how dare you :blahblah:

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 09:49 AM
use this to login/create accounts/troll hard

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html

just remember :bad: if you troll long and hard enough - you'll begin to look like one

picador
2012-10-16, 09:54 AM
why bother with that thing?

just create 687 aliases and post a few messages with each every few days

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 09:55 AM
because your 687 alias' would have the same IP :bop:

picador
2012-10-16, 09:58 AM
my 687 aliases have the same IP

at least they're not lame!

picador
2012-10-16, 10:02 AM
i'm not sure why my post was interpreted as a troll

it's good advice for someone with a slow u/l rate who has to deal with ratio enforcement. the creator of the protocol thinks ratios are overrated.

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 11:14 AM
didnt say anything about your posts being trollish ~ just wanted to point out that trolling makes you ugly

look what happened to this guy :bad: not pretty (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/15/michael-brutsch-reddits-biggest-loses-job-identity-gawker_n_1967727.html)

picador
2012-10-16, 11:18 AM
don't really see what trolling has to do with downloading/uploading/torrenting music....that's the topic of the thread

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 11:23 AM
the topic of this thread is: 'how do I get back on a site I was banned at?'.

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 11:28 AM
but it could be about the wonderful omelette I had for brunch :thumbsup tasty

picador
2012-10-16, 11:34 AM
the topic of this thread is: 'how do I get back on a site I was banned at?'.

......because of my bad ratio

thread is queued for pruning :lol:

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 11:36 AM
eh, just keep posting. Gilligan needs threads to hone his merge skillz

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 11:37 AM
besides.. it keeps him busy and out of trouble

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 11:38 AM
unlike our OP.. whos not particularly loved over at Yessh

picador
2012-10-16, 11:40 AM
would they ban a taper who contributed new recordings but had a big deficit? that's stupid

Dav-Alan
2012-10-16, 11:44 AM

get a new IP address, a new username, new email address (plenty are available for free) and sign back up. if you think that the mods will track you down on other sites, just use a new name at those as well.

admonishing someone to seed seed seed won't do much good if their u/l speed is pretty weak. yeah I know, if their connection is that slow they shouldn't be torrenting, they're what's wrong with modern trading, how dare you :blahblah:

:down:
:back2u::4sale:

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 11:44 AM
yeah, way too many rules on the internet these days. www = wild wild west

what.cd is a great site ruined by ratio rules ~ it happens

picador
2012-10-16, 11:47 AM
http://torrentfreak.com/private-torrent-sites-overemphasize-share-ratios-according-to-bram-cohen/

Private Torrent Sites Overemphasize Share Ratios According to Bram Cohen

Bram Cohen, inventor of the BitTorrent protocol believes that private torrent sites should stop tracking the ratios of their users the way they do now. He argues that the sites are overemphasizing the importance of the upload / download ratio, which fosters the creation of ratio cheating software, and calls it “extremely destructive”.

Bram Cohen told Zeropaid:

“[Leechers are] engaging in perfectly reasonable and non-destructive behavior and the site is trying to punish him for it, thus fostering the creation of clients which lie about their statistics. This is the site’s fault, and the result could do serious damage to the value of BitTorrent statistics generally. Sites which do this are being extremely destructive, and the way they grandstand about how they’re fostering sharing really ticks me off.”

According to Bram the nature of the BitTorrent protocol is built to prevent freeriding. Its Tit-for-Tat algorithm makes sure that you only upload pieces of the file to people who offer something to you. The more you upload to others, the more you receive. By overestimating the importance of the share ratio, it becomes almost impossible for some to actually reach a decent share ratio.

He continues:

“Just a little bit of threatening to ban people can get the overall balance to be very heavily weighted on the side of uploading, making it difficult for people to accomplish a reasonable amount of upload even if they try.”

To prevent overseeded torrents from “messing up” peoples ratio Bram suggest an alternative method to calculate the share ratio:

“When a client reports new downloads to the tracker, the tracker can multiply the amount by (number of current peers total – number of current seeds) / (number of current peers total) and add that to the ‘total downloaded’. This results in most people having a ‘ratio’ of more than 1, but that isn’t actually a problem unless you’re more interested in mathematical purity than practical behavior.”

picador
2012-10-16, 11:50 AM

so, go sulk in the corner if you have asymmetric dsl and can't compete with the big fios dudes?

eff that noize :down:

these sites exist on donations. donations which include the big boys helping out the little guys :)

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 11:56 AM
not to mention that new users aways suffer the most. they shouldnt be penalized for enjoying a site.
..and without new users the whole circle gets jerked

picador
2012-10-16, 12:00 PM
here's to yet another "jerkin the gherkin" ratio discussion :cheers:

:lol:

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 12:04 PM
we're all in it together :thumbsup to lend a hand

dcbullet
2012-10-16, 12:38 PM
He continues:

“Just a little bit of threatening to ban people can get the overall balance to be very heavily weighted on the side of uploading, making it difficult for people to accomplish a reasonable amount of upload even if they try.”

This is what I've been saying for years.

daddyray
2012-10-16, 12:41 PM
This is what I've been saying for years.

write us a song about it and perhaps we will listen more :wave:

guizillabr
2012-10-16, 01:11 PM
Well, the first thing to do is thank all of you for bothering yourselves to give me an answer, since the very reason for Yeeshkul ban me could also apply here in TTD. As for the problem, what I wonder is: if I keep my active complete torrents from Yeeshkul available for seeding while the ban remains, will it increase my ratio at Yeeshkul? i.e., I have several full torrents ready to seed on my uTorrent, but I don't know if they are accessed or if they increase my ratio on Yeeshkul, while I'm banned. If anyone knows this will help a lot.

From now on, I'll certainly pay more attention on seeding the DL'd torrents, since in general, internet providers in Brazil privileges your download rate, cutting your upload rate to 10% of your average DL speed. Itīs in the contract for the service.

Another fact, since Iīve entered TTD community I'm permanently firewalled by the internet provider. Brazilīs Internet legislation is completely lame and causes that many common internet applications nearly impracticable.

Sincere thanks a lot to all!

paddington
2012-10-16, 01:13 PM
Well, the first thing to do is thank all of you for bothering yourselves to give me an answer, since the very reason for Yeeshkul ban me could also apply here in TTD.

no, it can't.

We don't care :wave:

internet providers in Brazil privileges your download rate, cutting your upload rate to 10% of your average DL speed. Itīs in the contract for the service. ... Brazilīs Internet legislation is completely lame and causes that many common internet applications nearly impracticable.

and that is why.

do what you can.

guizillabr
2012-10-16, 01:38 PM

Both advises are from two different approaches, I hope not to have to create another account. but it is a possibility if the situation is not resolved after ceasing the ban, which will only happen in three months.
Meanwhile my curiosity is becoming increasingly irresistible!

ps: my English skills are very limited, so I asked Google some help in order to put the ideas correctly in your language. Sorry for any misspellings

Dav-Alan
2012-10-16, 02:30 PM
Guess I had better break my silence on this related matter and get a warning out to new user guizillabr (welcome in spite of my mispercived msg) and omit the icons

I have recently gotten my ratio up from a really bad .08 last month with a major increase activity, and system configuration and should break 1:1 in 3 months.

If you go over to the lounge and dig down you will find 2 huge post "towers"
(61+ pages in the largest now?) of posts all regarding, most very indirect, my "ratio slackness" for the prior 6 months.

Not, gonna get into detail but there are even posts accussing me of misplaced sexual orientation among others, as you can see.

Now this has been a source of amusement for me but, for you? Is a ban really worse?

Just a warning what may come...as obviously not everyone is on the same level here either...

Peace
Dav-Alan

PS-I would never abandon the name I use in my feild of work

I was going to pm you this as a personal...but it needed to come out

daddyray
2012-10-16, 02:46 PM
we bust balls about ratio now and then. just some folks dicking around on the interwebs...so fucking what

dcbullet
2012-10-16, 03:02 PM
we bust balls about ratio now and then. just some folks dicking around on the interwebs...so fucking what

This is why toys left!

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 03:12 PM
the omelette was 3 egg, ham, salami, tomato, green pepper - touch of sea salt/pepper
normally, Id prefer some mushrooms in butter but I couldnt find any. still pretty darn good.

Dav-Alan
2012-10-16, 03:13 PM
So there you have it ....it WILL happen to you if you dont keep that ratio up.

You WILL be slanldered, insulted, etc in the name of "dicking around" and can expect 'so fucking what" as justification...

...the choice is yours...keep ul > dl even if you have to cut dl by 90% or expect .... ;)

daddyray
2012-10-16, 03:16 PM
it is a dopey old message board, home squeeze.....no more no less. like a club house for the dim, like me :wave:

the omelette sounds nice...ever try those eggs from chickens that have not been fed corn etc???...those do taste different to me. but So fucking what who want to dick around about eggs (what a tie back, huh??)

paddington
2012-10-16, 03:20 PM

You WILL be slanldered, insulted, etc in the name of "dicking around" and can expect 'so fucking what" as justification...

...the choice is yours...keep ul > dl even if you have to cut dl by 90% or expect .... ;)

I'm sure the kettle appreciates your advice, pot

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 03:29 PM
it is a dopey old message board, home squeeze.....no more no less. like a club house for the dim, like me :wave:

the omelette sounds nice...ever try those eggs from chickens that have not been fed corn etc???...those do taste different to me. but So fucking what who want to dick around about eggs (what a tie back, huh??):laugh: dopey old message board

yeah, once had a line on some farm fresh brown ones - eggcellent!

picador
2012-10-16, 03:29 PM
if you don't feel like dicing up onion, peppers, tomato, etc., just throw some hot salsa on top of some scrambled eggs for a quick easy omlette alternative. yum :thumbsup

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 03:32 PM
thats a cracking good idea :thumbsup will try to remember next time - as the mind gets scrambled

picador
2012-10-16, 03:39 PM
Guess I had better break my silence on this related matter and get a warning out to new user guizillabr (welcome in spite of my mispercived msg) and omit the icons

I have recently gotten my ratio up from a really bad .08 last month with a major increase activity, and system configuration and should break 1:1 in 3 months.

If you go over to the lounge and dig down you will find 2 huge post "towers"
(61+ pages in the largest now?) of posts all regarding, most very indirect, my "ratio slackness" for the prior 6 months.

Not, gonna get into detail but there are even posts accussing me of misplaced sexual orientation among others, as you can see.

Now this has been a source of amusement for me but, for you? Is a ban really worse?

Just a warning what may come...as obviously not everyone is on the same level here either...

Peace
Dav-Alan

PS-I would never abandon the name I use in my feild of work

I was going to pm you this as a personal...but it needed to come out

best of all worlds would be a totally public site in which you can grab torrent files without an account. i could get the music i came for without ever reading the general discussion forums or logging in, or even using the tracker (just use dht). there would be no need for baiting users into posting/participating ("i see you....fukkin lurker"), my username wouldn't be added to the name and shame uberleecher list, etc.

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 03:47 PM
best of all worlds would be a totally public site in which you can grab torrent files without an account.
because you're entitled, right? Fine. here ya go: http://btdigg.org/

daddyray
2012-10-16, 03:55 PM
oh snap!

picador
2012-10-16, 04:00 PM
not entitled, but because it's how plenty of other bt sites are run.

plus, how much trolling could be eliminated? only the people who really went out of their way to create an account and post would do it. most would lurk w/no account and get the tunes they came for, then they'd scram without saying word one, and without being baited or tempted to post just cuz they're logged in.

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 04:06 PM
seem entitled to me :bad: didn't even say thanks for the link!!

picador
2012-10-16, 04:12 PM
handful of gimme, mouthful of much obliged

troll troll troll whine whine whine gimme gimme gimme

direwolf-pgh
2012-10-16, 04:17 PM
damn straight. Don't give a toot about ratio but manners matter.

Learn it. Know it. Live it. ..afore the ban hammer cometh.

picador
2012-10-16, 04:30 PM
totally public site: less thank-yous, but way less heated arguments

public site with required account: more thank-yous, but comes with 10,000 page flame fests

vladsmythe
2012-10-16, 04:52 PM
best of all worlds would be a totally public site in which you can grab torrent files without an account. i could get the music i came for without ever reading the general discussion forums or logging in, or even using the tracker (just use dht). there would be no need for baiting users into posting/participating ("i see you....fukkin lurker"), my username wouldn't be added to the name and shame uberleecher list, etc.They are called "hubs". No ratios, 24/7 on demand, with like minded music enthusiasts.

rspencer
2012-10-16, 05:20 PM
handful of gimme, mouthful of much obliged

troll troll troll whine whine whine gimme gimme gimme

:lol:

starman714
2012-10-16, 08:05 PM
this thread turned out great for a technobabble thread

and i see you left the cheese out of the omelet, wise choice :thumbsup

what.cd is a bitch though...gonna be guessin' a while :hmm:

vladsmythe
2012-10-16, 11:06 PM
this thread turned out great for a technobabble thread

and i see you left the cheese out of the omelet, wise choice :thumbsup

what.cd is a bitch though...gonna be guessin' a while :hmm:

This is how the thread started.

"Hello anybody, I really need help but I donīt know if here is the right place to do, so I apologize in advance anything...

Straight on the facts, recently Iīve got banned from the site Yeeshkul, for "ubberleeching" - this ban will remain until 30/december/2012 and Iīve got pretty sad for this."

Hell, as long as I waited so many times for something to happen musically at the start of "Wish You Were Here" when that record came out, you certainly can wait for your ban expire. You might want to put on some Grateful Dead music just to kill the time. :thumbsup

Dav-Alan
2012-10-17, 01:22 AM
I'm sure the kettle appreciates your advice, potD

LMAO...NOW WHAT THE HELL HAS A KETTLE HAVE TO DO WITH MARIJUANA???

guizillabr
2012-10-24, 11:39 AM

I'm sure the kettle appreciates your advice, pot

Well, I did not understand much of what Dav-ALan said, but I appreciate the consideration!

ZJLI
2012-10-24, 01:05 PM
so, go sulk in the corner if you have asymmetric dsl and can't compete with the big fios dudes?

these sites exist on donations. donations which include the big boys helping out the little guys :)

:hmm: Why get asymmetric involved?

SHe ain't posted in a while anyway.....:nono:

ZJLI
2012-12-27, 10:19 AM

I wonder why he got dragged into this?

:hmm: He's a pretty lowkey dude at that......

( I wuz looking for info on a new torrent client other than utorrent. Just for the hell of if. Someone help out on that! Pliase.)

:)

ZJLI
2012-12-27, 10:20 AM

:hmm: Why get asymmetric involved?

SHe ain't posted in a while anyway.....:nono:

:disbelief

I see I already did that bit. I guess I forgot.

Apologies :lol:

Still want to try Transmission or another torrent client.

What's good!?!?

:rasta:

Drug
2012-12-27, 10:45 AM
which are the most beautiful sites to be banned? :hmm:

ZJLI
2012-12-27, 10:52 AM
which are the most beautiful sites to be banned? :hmm:

Why don't you give me a link to a nice torrent client, other than utorrent?

:)

AAR.oner
2012-12-27, 10:59 AM
http://www.transmissionbt.com/